1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Suspension Mods: options/opinions/input/thoughts/blah blah..

Discussion in 'Prius c Accessories and Modifications' started by SquallLHeart, Mar 24, 2012.

1. SquallLHeart

SquallLHeart The Techie Guy

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius c
    Model:
    Two
    This shouldn't really apply to the Prius C since the car is pretty new so there aren't really any options yet that i know of.... (at least in the US market..)

however, for those with perhaps GenIII's or others of the sort, what input do you have on upgrading the suspension? and for those who have a Prius C.. what opinions do you have and would you be interested?

improved handling is a given, with perhaps a rougher/stiffer ride that I would probably prefer.. but has anyone seen any major differences in aerodynamics (from say, lowering the vehicle).. and in the end result.. mileage?

other suspension mods like strut bars, tower braces.. sway bars are one thing to stiffen up the ride.. but springs or coilovers that makes the car sit lower is what i'm really looking for input on. (though, as it is, i'm scraping the rubber piece on the bottom on certain driveways as it is at stock height.. lol..)

2. F8L

F8L Protecting Habitat & AG Lands

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    Generally speaking, lowering a car should help mpg by reducing frontal area and increasing length to height ratio. It gets tricky with the Prius because of the belly pan. I've never looked under the c but if it has a fairly flat aerodynamic belly then lowering may actually increase pressure and thus increase drag. In reality I doubt you would ever observe the difference one way or the other. I'd base your decision to lower the car on aesthetics and handling instead of fuel efficiency. :)

1 person likes this.
  3. SquallLHeart

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius c
    Model:
    Two
    the belly of the Prius C isn't completely flat but it's fairly aerodynamic I'd say.. well, i'd mainly do it for aesthetics i guess.. lol.

4. kkim

kkim Active Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius c
    Model:
    Three
    I've had my fill of lowered cars. :p

I will be interested in a rear sway bar to combat the understeer this car has. That shouldn't add to ride stiffness... at least it hasn't in the past. A bit wider (and lighter) rim and tire combo will also find it's way onto my c in the future.

Hell with aesthetics... I want it to handle. :D

5. SquallLHeart

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius c
    Model:
    Two
    well, hopefully a rear sway bar is in the works... i do want it to handle a lot better as well..

actually.. i guess i typed that out wrong.. i'm mostly concerned about handling.. then aesthetics.. then mileage..

though.. i'll still factor in how it affects my mileage in making my final decision... if it makes it worse... then how much.. and is it worth it for me.

6. radifranco

radifranco New Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius c
    Model:
    Four
    JuicedHybrid.com now has a Cusco strut tower bar that ships from Japan for $225. Anyone looked into it and have thoughts?

7. formula

formula Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius c
    Model:
    Three

just take a look of it. expensive. lol I will wait when there are other sellers.

also find this new item.

2012 Toyota Prius c Tail Light Lamps Tint Film

8. SquallLHeart

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius c
    Model:
    Two
    as a person capable of vinyl wraps and tinting.. i find such a product to be... not worth the price. *shakes head*..

i'll pass on that one.