1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Switching to leather seats

Discussion in 'Prius c Main Forum' started by gashead, Feb 14, 2014.

1. gashead

gashead New Member

Vehicle:
    2013 Prius
    Model:
    Three
    I'm wishing I went with the leather (or simulated leather) seats.
    Does anyone know what it would cost to do a swap? Does Toyota do this?
    and if so, do they add seat heaters as well if requested?

Thanks
    2013 Prius C

2. garyyamane

garyyamane Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2013 Prius c
    Model:
    Four
    If you can afford the leather or leather covers do it because the pleather seats really just look like stitched plastic.

3. xliderider

xliderider Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2011 Prius
    Model:
    Three
    Look into Clazzio leather seat covers or Katzkin with seat heaters.

4. EndiSky

EndiSky New Member

Vehicle:
    2013 Prius c
    Model:
    One
    I have used, and been happy with Iggee before on another car. Weighing the cost/benefit for the Prius for sure!

5. bisco

bisco cookie crumbler

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    there's a thread here with pics from someone who just did the clazzio's, they looked beautiful.

6. WD0AFQ

WD0AFQ Active Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius c
    Model:
    Two
    Not knowing where you live it is hard to respond. I paid my dealer to get me heated leather seats. We love them.
    Dan

7. WD0AFQ

WD0AFQ Active Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius c
    Model:
    Two
    Not knowing where you live it is hard to respond. I paid my dealer to get me heated leather seats. We love them.
    Dan

8. flotowngtm

flotowngtm Junior Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    I saved this picture becuase of the extended arm rest but someone added these seat covers also.

Attached Files:

RobAustin likes this.
  9. Clazzio.com

Clazzio.com Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    III
    I can tell you, the Prius is one of our best selling kits. It's actually one of my favorites to install as well. If you had a helper, you can do the entire car in 90 minutes. The insert is a genuine perforated leather for breathability. Under that is an anit-bacterial, water proof layer, and then a 1/2 inch of memory foam. Super comfortable. Then the body and headrests are made with High Quality, Leather textured, PVC. Which is the thicker and stronger pvc. Literally looks just like leather.. but gives enough stretch to help make a nice tight fitting cover. We offer a 3 year warranty on this kit, and from personally using them for MANY years, I know how well they hold up, and I love them. You can definitely contact me if you have any questions. We offer discounts and we offer a line of Heat, Floor mats, and other cleaners and products to help you keep your covers nice and clean. -Tyler

Fauxknight likes this.
  10. ewxlt66

ewxlt66 Active Member

Vehicle:
    2017 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Prime Plus
    It's about $2k for aftermarket Katzkin seats from the dealer. Bought mine used, prior owner had it installed.
    IMG_5603.jpg

11. MunkusMPG

MunkusMPG New Member

Vehicle:
    2013 Prius c
    Model:
    Two
    I have visited the Katzkin website and noticed that their example driver's seat appears to have controls like it is a power seat. Is this the case? Are they complete seats or just leather covers for the factory seats?

12. mikefocke

mikefocke Prius v Three 2012, Avalon 2011

Vehicle:
    Other Hybrid
    Model:
    Limited
    I have a v3 and added the Softex as a "dealer" installed option though the dealer had a local auto upholstery shop do the actual install. I didn't bother with seat heaters. But they can also be had. Toyota distributor part numbers.

13. ewxlt66

ewxlt66 Active Member

Vehicle:
    2017 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Prime Plus
    I believe they recover the seats.

14. col127

col127 Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius c
    Model:
    Three
    I wish you could have lumbar support with the Clazzio seats since the Prius C has horrible lumbar support. I have a cheap aftermarket seat cover that has lumbar support and heated seat option (via the cigarette lighter), but I'd much rather have a nice integrated cover like Clazzio's. The perfect combo for me would be Clazzio leather seat covers + lumbar support + heated seats.

15. Carlos Santana

Carlos Santana New Member

Vehicle:
    2013 Prius c
    Model:
    One
    can tell you, the Prius is one of our best selling kits. It's actually one of my favorites to install as well. If you had a helper, you can do the entire car in 90 minutes. The insert is a genuine perforated leather for breathability. Under that is an anit-bacterial, water proof layer, and then a 1/2 inch of memory foam. Super comfortable. Then the body and headrests are made with High Quality, Leather textured, PVC. Which is the thicker and stronger pvc. Literally looks just like leather.. but gives enough stretch to help make a nice tight fitting cover. We offer a 3 year warranty on this kit, and from personally using them for MANY years, I know how well they hold up, and I love them. You can definitely contact me if you have any questions. We offer discounts and we offer a line of Heat, Floor mats, and other cleaners and products to help you keep your covers nice and clean. -Tyler
    Do you ship them to Puerto Rico zip code 00771. How much will it be total?

16. Clazzio.com

Clazzio.com Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    III

I've heard of customers getting the after market lumbar supports and puting them under our covers.. if it's too tight, a little alteration might be necessary to the velcro that holds the seat back piece on, but would be really easy.

17. Slolane

Slolane Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2013 Prius c
    Model:
    Four
    A friend of mine owns an upholstery shop and does all our work, over the years he has done many motorcycles seats, some work on our cars and friends boats as well as hot rods and all out custom work in general. He can add gel, extra support, reshape and add heating easily. Check around your area for local shops and see what they can offer... Shop around for a few quotes and ask to see examples of their work. I like the softex or whatever in my 4 but leather would make a nice upgrade from the standard while your doing it. Best of luck!

18. kingnba6

kingnba6 Active Member

Vehicle:
    2013 Prius c
    Model:
    One
    nice thread. i originally wanted to add some real leather OEM seats or the seats from the c4, but i think i will opt for the Clazzio cover with the heated seats.

19. Mark323

Mark323 Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2013 Prius c
    Model:
    Four
    Got the Softex seats in my C4 - They seem nice to me, and the seat heaters work great :).

20. w2kpugsly

w2kpugsly Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2013 Prius c
    Model:
    Three
    I have Katzskin covers. I really like them. Took the installers a full day to complete the job.