1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Technical requirements to install Intelligent Parking Assist ( IPA )

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Technical Discussion' started by mandrei83, Jun 24, 2009.

1. Tideland Prius

Tideland Prius Moderator of the North
    Staff Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    Yep it's bundled (since you need a screen and a camera so nav usually comes with it) but I mean first to install it separately after purchase.

2. mandrei83

mandrei83 Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    Anyway, can someone ask at a Toyota dealer from US how much cost the IPA ECU there? The parts which I've wrote about are the one needed to install IPA in my car..

IPA ECU cost in Romania about 2000EUR with VAT included, I'm curious how much is in US..

3. Muhahahahaz

Muhahahahaz Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    Would you know how to do this to a US 2007 Prius? Mine is fully loaded with all the options available in the US. Thus I already have the rear camera, for instance.

Are the height control sensors the same as the sensors used for the HID headlights? If so, then I already have that part as well. :D

Then I guess all I need is the ECU, the switch, and some connectors, right? The installation might be beyond my lack of expertise, but I'd be willing to give it a try. ;)

Edit: Also, where might one in the US find these parts? I've had no luck searching the part numbers...

I realize they may not be sold in the US, but surely there is some non-US website that sells some of this stuff? I couldn't find it on eBay either... :(

(Specifically, I searched for the PA ECU, as that is the main component.)

4. mandrei83

mandrei83 Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    Sorry for my late reply, I was on holiday, and after I've got home, I forgot to verify my messages from here..

I've quit with the idea of having IPA inside my car. I've found that the prices for IPA ECU are prohibitive: 1500EUR without VAT in Romania and 2200EUR with VAT in Belgium. If I can find that IPA ECU with 2-300EUR at a salvage, I would buy it. Also, the wire harness cost much, and the rear view camera for those who don't have it..:(

5. mandrei83

mandrei83 Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
  6. hill

hill High Fiber Member

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    Model:
    IV
    That took a bit of time - Congrats ! !

1 person likes this.
  7. Prius_Fan

Prius_Fan New Member

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    I just found one, bought for 100 pounds from ebay.co.uk
    package arrived safely, exactly what I need. Now I have to replace the Nav-dvd player, the low res MFD and the radio-with tape player.

8. Umerpk

Umerpk Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    Model:
    N/A