1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Tesla Stock News

Discussion in 'Tesla' started by wjtracy, Nov 1, 2014.

1. wjtracy

wjtracy Senior Member

Vehicle:
    Other Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    I get these AltEnergy updates, apparently some action in Tesla stock yesterday.
    Elon Musk says global sales are very strong and WSJ was wrong. But apparently there may be some down tick in US sales, more than compensated by increase in overseas sales.

Hoping Tesla Will Fail | Alternative Energy Stocks

2. El Dobro

El Dobro A Member

Vehicle:
    Other Electric Vehicle
    Model:
    N/A
  3. JimN

JimN Let the games begin!

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    V
    There's a lot of short interest (18.3%) in the stock so they need to keep the price down--and it's down $50 from it's high.

Tesla's website says it takes two months to get a car in the US so the production for export doesn't seem to slow down domestic deliveries. I haven't seen anything indicating that Tesla has significantly increased production capacity.

The downside to Tesla's exports is that those vehicles don't generate credits that are sold to other manufacturers. That's going to hurt the bottom line.

There's lots of speculation before the earnings call. It's been a tough half year. Companies earning billions of dollars have been hit hard. I believe most will rebound after the earnings are reported and we see that nothing has changed.

GM is down 15.02% and Ford is down 17.65% over 1 year. (That's worse than the oil majors.) Tesla is up 51.12%. Keep your hands and feet inside the car at all times, it's going to be a bumpy ride.