1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Test Drive & Requesting Quotes

Discussion in 'Newbie Forum' started by kmstampe, Apr 21, 2008.

1. kmstampe

kmstampe Look out here comes Ozzie!

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    So I got to test drive my husband's aunts 2006 this weekend and LOVED it! My husband wasn't too keen on the car till he got to ride in it and I showed him that we'd be saving $750 in gas a year and that was with low-balling the number of miles we'd be driving it & price of gas (that keeps going up!).

Started to email the local dealers today to request some "out the door" quotes on cars they have in stock.

Just wanted to thank everyone here for the great advise I've been able to research more about the Prius and to keep your fingers crossed for me that I'll be able to bring a new "baby" home soon!
    ~K~

2. wchardin

wchardin Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    Model:
    ----USA----
    Its hard typing with my fingers crossed, lol. I hope that everything goes will with the quotes. Do you have any idea what color you want? Or if you want a Touring or non-Touring?

3. kmstampe

kmstampe Look out here comes Ozzie!

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    Looking for a non-touring package #2. Not too picky about the color, Spectra Blue would be my first choice, then Gray, then Red, the Black. I'm not a patient person and was very excited that I already got two responses from the dealerships I contacted! =)

4. wchardin

wchardin Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    Model:
    ----USA----
    Spectra blue is a great color, thats the color I have on order, the magnetic gray is my second choice too. I know first hand that the spectra blue is a hard color to get, my dealer also told me that magnetic gray was a hard color to get as well. I hope the test drives at the dealership go well for you. Keep us informed.

5. My2008Prius

My2008Prius Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    Hopefully the quote you get will be as low as possible....

My Magnetic Gray 2008 Prius, Package #2, and SET's (Southeast Toyota [distributor] ) leather seats (factory seats?) set me back $23,900. I would have paid over $25,200, but I had inside connections with family at SET to have the seats added in at little or no charge.