1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Thanks for all the color help finally got my Prius.

Discussion in 'Gen 3 Prius Main Forum' started by JayLn, Mar 22, 2015.

1. JayLn

JayLn Active Member

Vehicle:
    2017 Prius
    Model:
    Four Touring
    Really appreciate to all the color help guys, finally bought the Blizz Pearl due to the dirt is not showing up that much and the chip paint retouch would be easy because of being white.
    First thing I did removed the hub cabs.
    I didn't have bought the protection package which I think the door edge guard for $650, now I check amazon they are selling for $10 for 15 feet long.

My question is having the BP color what do you guys think the best color for a door edge guard? I am only choosing on two which are the Black and Chrome door edge guard. Would the black looks better since I would put black tint or the chrome for the white accent. Ever opinion matters. IMG_0989.JPG IMG_0993.JPG

Burna J and Sergiospl like this.
  2. Sergiospl

Sergiospl Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2011 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    Nice!
    I have a 2011 BP, I would look at Clear or transparent door edge, clear films for front/rear bumpers, if in and out of parallel parkings.

3. bisco

bisco cookie crumbler

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    love the bp, congrats to you both. maybe my next.

4. magnumrtawd

magnumrtawd Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    III
    10-4 on the clear.. Got mine at auto zone.

5. JayLn

JayLn Active Member

Vehicle:
    2017 Prius
    Model:
    Four Touring
    But if clear if it gets dirty inside the clear door edge guard, it is gonna look like a toilet dirt? That yellowish thing you know?

6. JayLn

JayLn Active Member

Vehicle:
    2017 Prius
    Model:
    Four Touring
    can you guys take a photo please if you can on the clear, so I can see, it sometime rain here in bay area and where I am they call it FOG CITY for obvious reason.

7. Sergiospl

Sergiospl Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2011 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    You are right. Clear will look nice until dirt gets in, yellowish/rusty color later. I would look at Chrome then!

8. DoubleDAZ

DoubleDAZ Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2014 Prius
    Model:
    Four
    Here's what you do. Edit one of your photos to add a black stripe down the door edges to see how you like it. Then edit it again to add a chrome stripe. Then go out and buy yourself some clear. If it's only $10 for 15', what have you got to lose trying all 3 or replacing it when needed? FWIW, I believe the Toyota guards are color-matched thermoplastic-coated stainless steel, not just cheap push-on plastic and the $650 package includes protective film over various parts, like the front of the hood, side-mirrors, etc. They are also contoured to fit precisely, though others may fit just fine. Still may not be worth what Toyota wants. :)

9. JayLn

JayLn Active Member

Vehicle:
    2017 Prius
    Model:
    Four Touring
    Guys my company is looking for my Registration and insurance, what will I show them, this is brand new and the only papers I get form the dealer was the one on the windshield paper???

10. DoubleDAZ

DoubleDAZ Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2014 Prius
    Model:
    Four
    The dealer should have given you a temp registration or attached it somewhere on the car, like where the license plate goes. They should have also given you a copy of the sales documents, warranty, etc. Did they put anything in the glove box? I assume your current insurance covers new cars for a period of time and if you called them to add the new car, they should be able to provide you a new temp insurance card or let you pick something up to show you are covered..

11. Former Member 68813

Former Member 68813 Senior Member

Vehicle:
    Other Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    correct on the dirt part. don't get clear ones. toyota has edge guards (metal) and door molding (plastic) in all colors. you can buy them on ebay.

BTW, good choice on white. this is my first choice. too bad i compromised and got a second choice (silver).

12. JayLn

JayLn Active Member

Vehicle:
    2017 Prius
    Model:
    Four Touring
    Bro my cousins prius is silver she just removed the hub cabs then black tint all the way to the back, and HiD. My plan is to copy her set up and that's it. That only thing I am not gonna copy is her interior has hello kitty seat covers and steering wheel cover and even the sun visor has hello kitty cover, so basically if you open her car all you see is pink. She told me that is why my bf will never borrow my car, that is one less argument for her. Haha

13. Yakoma

Yakoma Active Member

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    I'd go for the clear - and replace them when they go yellow. They're not that much.

Make sure the car is clean before applying them.

14. The Electric Me

The Electric Me Go Speed Go!

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    I'd go with the clear.
    IMO the nice thing about "White" is it creates possible contrast.

The dangerous thing about white, is it creates possible contrast.

So it's easy to over do it.

I think contrasting edge guards can push it over the top in the "over done" department. While clear allows you to maintain a cleaner, sleek look.

15. Sfcyclist

Sfcyclist Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2013 Prius
    Model:
    Persona
    Congrats!

I got my Prius from City Toy too and based on what I saw, all their cars comes with protective trim. Did you buy it used?

Your profile say Prius C though... 2nd Prius?

16. JayLn

JayLn Active Member

Vehicle:
    2017 Prius
    Model:
    Four Touring
    No it is a 2015 Prius 2 got it out of the door @ $23,700, Yes I just made an account 3days before buying the car and just place Prius C even tho I don't have one.
    I will never buy a car from City Toyota Again, they over charge everything, the protection package is $650 on them and in ToyotaSF it is just $425, plus on city Toyota when all the new cars arrived they will always put accessories on all of it for maximize profit and they charge you more for it. SF Toyota is a family owned dealership so you can bargain with them and they want relation not like in city toyota upon entering they first thing they comes thru their mind is how to maximize profit from you. If you are buying anothes car go SFToyota ask for Tani tell him I am your friend Jay even tho I am not lol, and back there after you are approved you know they will ask you to buy those extra warranty, gap insurance etc, if you say no they will not force very easy make you feel at ease and know that they hear what words comes in your lips, in city toyota we already said NO on this extras it tooks 1 more hour just to move forward from that conversation, they will call some back up to convince you to buy those extra hate it!
    I called all the dealership in bay area from marin to san jose, and I told them this price and most of they just said we can not beat that, and 5 dealership told me in the phone that I am making the price up and said no one will sell me this car on this price on my zip code which has 9% tax. So I am happy with the price. Even Toyota Marin just told me they can't do that price they will be loosing money and if it is a real price it is a steal then he just hang up like I don't care about you anymore lol

#16 JayLn, Mar 24, 2015
    Last edited: Mar 24, 2015
  17. Former Member 68813

Former Member 68813 Senior Member

Vehicle:
    Other Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    yellowing is not what the problem is. i'll take a picture of my white rav4 with clear protectors to show what i mean.

18. Sfcyclist

Sfcyclist Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2013 Prius
    Model:
    Persona
    I just dealt with it through "internet sale" to avoid the haggling.. and there was minimal.. even the extras they did ask but did not push. I was happy with buying part but follow up services not so good. Well, that's part is over, now enjoy your car!

Oh.. they didn't charge me for the protective edging. At least that's what I think...

oh.. and to your question.. white.. it's clean looking..

Photo from back when I bought the car.

[​IMG]sfcyclist2012

#18 Sfcyclist, Mar 24, 2015
    Last edited: Mar 24, 2015
  19. scrappy

scrappy Active Member

Vehicle:
    2014 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    My BP PIP came with clear door edge and door handle guards from the dealer. It's only 11 months old and I can't really say how well they'll hold up, but so far so good. I am not a fan of chrome, so clear or color matched guards would look best to me.

20. JayLn

JayLn Active Member

Vehicle:
    2017 Prius
    Model:
    Four Touring
    You Prius looks really nice, that 17inches mag wheel really made a if difference.