1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

That Damn Umbilical Cord!

Discussion in 'Prius, Hybrid, EV and Alt-Fuel News' started by jsfabb, Dec 4, 2012.

1. jsfabb

jsfabb Active Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius
    Model:
    Three
  2. usnavystgc

usnavystgc Die Hard DIYer and Ebike enthusiast.

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    Model:
    Four
    That'll teach him to give the Prius a bad review. Or as we say in KY, That'll learn 'em. :)

Jin and Teacake like this.
  3. JMD

JMD 2012 Prius 4 Solar Roof

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius
    Model:
    Four
    Perhaps the AW person should read the Quick Start Guide.

4. Teacake

Teacake OohShiny

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius
    Model:
    Three
    That's very amusing. Heck, I've certainly done dumb things like this. Granted, when I do dumb things, it doesn't cause negative publicity on the web for an up-and-coming brand. ;)

5. Jin

Jin Blizzard PRIUS 2010, Nav+ solar roof

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    IV
    HAHAHA, he totally deserve that, at least Prius doesn't have problem with letting go!

6. hill

hill High Fiber Member

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    Model:
    IV
    Rotted deck, slab cracked all to hell, expensive car has no room in the garage ... or is it (s)he could'nt afford to wire the garage ... or the main service can't handle it. How do you spell priorities askew.

7. F8L

F8L Protecting Habitat & AG Lands

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    I love the Contra (Konami) code suggestion! up up down down left right left right B A! My hands started going through the motions while reading it. Muscle memory! Hahaha

8. Trollbait

Trollbait It's a D&D thing

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    It's a reviewer Hill, and they likely didn't read the manual. Heck, I had some trouble starting up my Prius the first couple times. The Quick card probably needs to have been taped to the steering wheel. Do current Prii still come with a handful of the cards?

9. acdii

acdii Active Member

well....bless his heart

10. KK6PD

KK6PD _ . _ . / _ _ . _

Vehicle:
    Other Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    It's either A, the plug welded itself to the socket, of more probable B, a mechanical misalignment, or safety interlock that is preventing the extraction of the plug.
    Being mechanically minded might help here, "It goes in, it must come out" Thuds First Law

11. hill

hill High Fiber Member

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    Model:
    IV
    You missed my point entirely. Imagine a Bugatti Veyron left overnight at a trailer park. Because that's where the reviewer lives? I've lived on the skids in my day. Nothing wrong with it. I'm just saying - From the marketing perspective - Tesla's image is such that they certainly wouldn't want to see their branding associated with the likes of me ... or any others with our cracked slabs.

12. Drake

Drake Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2013 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    Love that comment:
    You must have the key in your pocket (or hand or immediate vicinity) to unplug the charger. It will be comical to learn that this was why Rory could not get it disconnected....

13. acdii

acdii Active Member

When Revolution happens, all that tech will be worthless!

What a dumb show, but found it funny they turned a Prius into a planter. Now Thats a green car!

14. Trollbait

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Then your point wasn't clear. The post sounded like you were criticizing someone for blowing money on an expensive car while having a crappy house. How else was "priorities askew" supposed to be taken?

15. hill

hill High Fiber Member

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    Model:
    IV
    My point wasn't clear. Whoops - sorry. Thinking faster than typing. Tied 2 thoughts together. Priorities askew related to high priced Tesla at a 'meager' home - whether it's a reviewer's home or the owners home or a renters. GM holds it as BAD marketing value when their brand new Caddy Escalade is parked at a trash filled front yard in Compton. Same with Rolex. Same with Tesla. You can be sure the marketing gurus of high end products like these go to great lengths to get you & I to believe their products are 'special' . Conversely, high end marketing/retailers are gauled no end - at the thought of seeing their products 'in-the-hood'. It kills the perceived value. It takes away from the perceived imagery. The 'priorities askew' are not just the home owner - or reviewer clicking pictures at their house but Tesla's prioritys askew also. Tesla, as a high end retailer/manufacturer/marketer has an obligation to its own branding to not allow its own image to be lowered. That is a Tesla priority... or it ought to be. Tesla maintains its image priority by not building a product known to catch fire - and they maintain their image by controlling how & where their product gets reviewed. Tesla dropped the ball. Priorities askew. Out of whack. The goal of the ad man of 6 figure autos creates a belief in a life style. I don't buy into it but I understand it. Our business has to do a lot of BS marketing. I saw that picture of that car in the driveway and it was just wrong - according to all that which is good marketing.

SGH-I717R ? 2

16. Trollbait

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    I do understand a high end brand not wanting to be seen in low class environs. On a whole, car mags don't photograph such cars in those situations. It might even be in the agreement not too. So I don't fault Tesla for handing a car off to a reviewer with a less than perfect driveway. The reviewer isn't going to write about that huge crack.

Tesla may be irked over the photo, but it isn't as bad as the plug not disconnecting in terms of publicity. For their case, I hope it is user error.