1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

The Factory Life: A Behind-the-scenes at Nissan production in Japan

Discussion in 'Other Cars' started by cwerdna, Jan 23, 2013.

1. cwerdna

cwerdna Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    For those who haven't seen documentaries or detailed videos on auto production...

I stumbled across the Japanese version on YouTube and fortunately, a few minutes later, I found they uploaded a version w/English subtitles.

It seems they skipped over a lot of the stuff that normally goes on in final assembly like installing a lot of the interior components (e.g. seat belts, hooking up stuff to the wiring harnesses, etc.)

I also don't recall them talking about how they take the doors off after painting and then later reattach them.

This plant seems a bit more automated than some I've seen. I've usually seen seats being put in w/o robots but rather humans w/assistance from machinery.

2. cwerdna

cwerdna Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    NissanNewsroom just posted this 2 hours ago.

The Dashboard - Inside Nissan's Oppama Factory:

Some of the middle of the video has the same content as "Nissan's Oppama Plant Welcomes 3 Millionth Visitor". There's a bunch of other content that has nothing to do Nissan.

If you just care about the plant, watch from 0 to 4:45, from 14:00 to the end and maybe 6:25 to 8:35.

3. John H

John H Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    Here is a look at the Tesla factory done by National Geographic