1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

The Prius Aqua has different Headrests!

Discussion in 'Prius c Main Forum' started by kindlewood, May 12, 2012.

1. wongnog

wongnog Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius c
    Model:
    Technology
    If they have ones that match the black softex, I'd buy then in a heartbeat!

2. prius1driver

prius1driver New Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius c
    Model:
    One
    I'm in for two of those Aqua headrests as well! C'mon Toyota!!

3. bubblesoda

bubblesoda New Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius c
    Model:
    Three
    If someone sell the Aqua back seat headrests, I will buy it too! ^__^

4. TruSound

TruSound Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius v wagon
    Model:
    Three
    Since your there, I'd love a set of the plastic covers for the inverter and the exposed wire plug...have a look at the power converter cover thread for details, you could sell a ton of these...These items are tiny and you won't need an extra suitcase to get them home.
    v Wagon

5. TruSound

TruSound Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius v wagon
    Model:
    Three
    Here's the part number for the gen III small headrest..If I'm reading this right the outer rear headrests are a rediculious $ 388.00 list each.
    Part# 71940-47130-B1

6. bubblesoda

bubblesoda New Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius c
    Model:
    Three
    :eek: crazy price for OEM parts!

Toyota should recall the back seat headrest.

7. kindlewood

kindlewood New Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius c
    Model:
    Two
    Well, I'm sorry to say, but my attempt so far has been unsuccessful. I've only had the chance to stop by the dealership that is closest to wear I'm staying, which was still quite a hike. After waiting nearly 10 minutes for someone to address us, we then had to wait another 10 minutes, or so, for someone to actually come out and listen to our question.

Without checking anything, the getleman dismissed the possibility by simply saying that they are not compatible, because the Japanese ones wouldn't fit into the sockets of the American Prius C. I tried to politely ask him how he know this and if he'd please double check, but my mother-in-law (and wife), who were there to support me (in case my Japanese failed me), didn't wish to push the subject any further. They quickly collected the kids, said thank you and headed out the door, leaving me with little choice but to leave with them.

Aside from not being thrilled with the way my family `helped` (sorry, can't figure out how to make quotation marks on the Japanese keyboard...it's quite a learning curve to use this at all...), I was quite disappointed with the lack of professionalism at the dealership. While I'm usually more than impressed with how professionally I'm treated here in Japan, this dealership was terrible. It would never survive in the US, if it treated people who walk through the door the way they did. Perhaps my family read into the gentleman's tone, or words better than I did and realized that they couldn't push the subject any further, but, if they did, they never mentioned it to me. I just think the guy felt this request was too tedious and didn't want to `waste` his time finding out the truth.

I haven't completely given up though. I'm hoping to get the chance to return to Toyota's Mega Web at least once more before we leave. I'm sure I could get a more definitive answer from the dealers there. I honestly can't imagine that Toyota took the time to adjust the size of the headrest sockets, when converting the cars for the US market.

If I do manage to get there, I'll let everyone know the answer. Sadly, I doubt I'll now have time to actually order some and have them in hand before I leave Japan at this rate, but I still want to know for sure, if it's at all possible.

Sorry to everyone else, who has requested different parts, but my conversation barely lasted 3 minutes, before we were out the door. It took them longer to acknowledge we were even there, then it did to get us out the door.

8. UnSurreal

UnSurreal Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius c
    Model:
    N/A
    I'd be interested in them as well, but not for $388.00.

9. south central

south central Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius c
    Model:
    Two
    Sheesh, what a rip off for yet another thing, if reasonably priced, would sell very well.

Thanks kindlewood for putting up with the "tude" at that dealership and trying to get some answers. They must-a missed class the day they held the seminar for "Marketing 101 for the USA".

Deb

10. moezer2112

moezer2112 Futurist

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius c
    Model:
    Three
    for what its worth, my american c has the low profile wrap around center headrest, and the tall ones on the door seats. I checked the peg spacing and the center, low profile headrest has pegs that are signifcantly closer together than the two door seats. I know that you're not specifically looking at buying 2 more of the middle headrests. Maybe the low profile headrests in japan and other non usa c's are all the narrower peg spacing and wouldn't be compatible with usa spacing.

I felt like you did alot while dealing with my dealer early on.