1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

The PriusChat Show - Episode 2 "PC Saves You Money"

Discussion in 'Prius, Hybrid, EV and Alt-Fuel News' started by Danny, Apr 28, 2011.

1. Danny

Danny Admin/Founder
    Staff Member

Vehicle:
    2013 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    We're back with Episode 2, and this time we're discussing how PriusChat can help save you money when you have troubles with your car. In case you missed last week, with the PriusChat Show each week we’ll look at the discussions on PriusChat that were the hottest, the most interesting, and the most controversial. The show will also bring exclusive interviews with the movers and shakers in the Prius community. Subscribe in iTunes Subscribe via RSS Download the show in mp3 format This week the PriusChat Show tackles 4 new hot topics straight out of the PriusChat Forums. Topics covered this week include: Xdpker “How to make the prius less of a girls car…” http://priuschat.com/forums/gen-iii-2010-prius-main-forum/92961-how-make-prius-less-girls-car.html deltron3030 “near complete brake failure on my way home from Coachella” http://priuschat.com/forums/gen-iii-2010-prius-technical-discussion/92902-near-complete-brake-failure-my-way-home-coachella.html Rybold “HybridCars.com Achieves 68.7 MPG in 2012 Honda Civic Hybrid” http://priuschat.com/forums/prius-hybrid-news/92918-2012-honda-civic-hybrid-achieves-68-7mpg-in-hybridcars-testing.html Unlimited_MPG “Toyota Announces Priority Registration Web Site for All-New Prius Plug-in Hybrid” http://priuschat.com/forums/toyota-prius-phv-plug-in/92875-toyota-announces-priority-registration-web-site-all-new-prius-plug-in-hybrid.html This week’s show is sponsored by the PriusChat Shop, where you can prepare for the hot days ahead by treating your Prius to a custom-made Heatshield sunshade. Available now at http://priuschat.com/shop/ . Want to introduce the podcast? Leave us your name, what Prius model you're driving, and where you're from. You can do so in a voicemail by calling (573) 427-7487, or record it at home and e-mail it to us. Here's an example: "Hi. My name's Danny Cooper, PriusChat member "Danny". I average 52 MPG in my 2010 Prius IV. Now get ready for the PriusChat Show!"

2. ystasino

ystasino Active Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    PC has saved me ~$1000 off the list price by suggesting a competitive dealer for purchases, and about $200 by indicating legitimate repair estimates.

3. macmaster05

macmaster05 Senor Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    Priuschat has wasted me $1000 on all the mods I read about.

3 people like this.
  4. usbseawolf2000

usbseawolf2000 HSD PhD

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    I wouldn't say wasted. The amount PC saved me probably cancelled out the amount I spent on all the mods. Maybe not!

5. Ryanpl

Ryanpl Active Member

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    I have to say PC costs me money with mods. With older cars I had no interest or paid someone to mod my car for me. Now thanks to PC all I need to do is search for the mod and instructions are there.

6. usbseawolf2000

usbseawolf2000 HSD PhD

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    Ryan, I thought you were going to pay the bills instead of modding.

7. SageBrush

SageBrush Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius v wagon
    Model:
    Two
    If I buy a new car before our old Subaru dies my wife just may blacklist PC ;)
    No doubt though, I have learned basic DIY maintenance here on PC, and I am very grateful to the contributors. Not only do I avoid high prices and unnecessary work at the stealership, my car is likely to last longer because I take better care of it.

8. Ryanpl

Ryanpl Active Member

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    Dennis, managed to talk my wife into some low cost modding. Got a sharkfin antenna on order, through PriusChat shop of course and the WEB DRL mod on order :D

9. usbseawolf2000

usbseawolf2000 HSD PhD

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    Nice! I am also doing the projector headlight retrofit project. :D

10. Ryanpl

Ryanpl Active Member

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    Before the Prius the last time I had a car modded was to install lights and a siren for my vol EMS work.