1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

The Sixties on CNN

Discussion in 'Fred's House of Pancakes' started by cwerdna, Jul 30, 2014.

1. cwerdna

cwerdna Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    Anyone watching? I had no idea the series was even on until I stumbled across a few days ago.

More info and ep list on the right side of The Sixties - CNN.com. I'm not interested in all the subjects but I did watch The Space Race ep.

There are some older eps that I'm interested in and hope they'll be rerun.

I wasn't born yet during those times but have always been somewhat interested in that time period.

I started a discussion thread on the show at The Sixties on CNN - TiVo Community.

2. cwerdna

cwerdna Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
  3. wjtracy

wjtracy Senior Member

Vehicle:
    Other Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    I'm so bummed to hear you did not live it with us.
    Pirates beat the Yankees in 1960 and the rest is history.
    It was real crazy times...remember as a kid nuclear attack drills in school.

4. cwerdna

cwerdna Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    Indeed. I did not.

I couldn't care less about baseball but yeah, it sounded like the 60s were interesting times w/JFK, the Cold War almost becoming a very hot one, moon landing, peace movement, civil rights movement, etc.

5. wjtracy

wjtracy Senior Member

Vehicle:
    Other Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    Yes I loved the NASA flights on TV and they always did a good job assigning priority to getting TV pictures. When they captured the lift-off of the LEM from the moon on TV camera, that was over the top at the time.

#5 wjtracy, Apr 11, 2016
    Last edited: Apr 11, 2016
  6. bisco

bisco cookie crumbler

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    the only thing i remember was asking my parents if i could stay up and watch the beatles on ed sullivan. the rest is a blur.

Stevewoods and Mendel Leisk like this.
  7. KennyGS

KennyGS Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2014 Prius
    Model:
    Five
    I remember all the sitcoms and great cartoons on tv. We finally got a color tv in '68, and life as a kid was fantastic. (y)

8. Mendel Leisk

Mendel Leisk Senior Member

Greater Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada
    Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    Touring
    If I can veer a bit, there's a couple of Ken Burns PBS series definitely worth watching, one about WW2, the other on the US Civil War. The latter is a real eye opener, gives a glimpse into the US soul, at least for me.

They're on Netflix, and maybe on YouTube?

9. Stevewoods

Stevewoods Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    Model:
    II
    Well, you know what they say about the 60's, if you remember it you were not really there.

Wish I remember a few of the Grateful Dead concerts in the Bay Area...supposedly, they were very good. :whistle:

Three things I do remember vividly:

JFK's assassination and being left out of school at mid-day among a crowd of crying teachers.

RFK's assassination and getting together to mourn with people I normally would not even say hello to.

Finally, being at a California Angels/Oakland A's Doubleheader (with the infamous Reggie Jackson) and having them stop the game to announce the moon landing.

Also being able to tell WHICH homes had color TV by looking at the antennas on the roofs....