1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

The times when I hate computers.

Discussion in 'Fred's House of Pancakes' started by Wolfman, Jan 22, 2005.

1. pjm877

pjm877 Member

Vehicle:
    2021 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Limited
    well a two weeks ago Frys ran a ad for the AMD 64 combo for 219.. boy I am there... Until I find out that the Main board (motherboard) is a ECS brand.. boy don't get me started... ended up with a 3200+ and a DFI mb combo (DFI not my best choice.. like Gigabyte, MSI, Asus, and Soyo..) .. 512 dual ddr.. and off I go.. get system installed, get windows xp pro 64 installed no problems... have 5 computers running... Intel, Amd, IBM RISC, Sun.. and fun to be had with each of them... Have from Win xp, Sun Solais, Linux and AIX.

What is real fun is when the Power Sply is the cause of the "Blue Screen of Death".. a real joy to find...

I have a fun project next sat... working on a room of 40 computer at a Austin Middle School... I just love finding out that the reason the floppy driver won't work is because a love note was stuffed in side and destroyed the heads... a real joy.... they have seen little TLC... wish me luck..

and no I am not a computer tech..,, by trade... but try to play one at work ;) on the books as a computer programmer... do a lot of work with IBM OS/2...

Later

2. ALoLA

ALoLA New Member

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    The only times I've "hated" computers is when my PCs at work suffer their occasional breakdowns and infections. Never any such feelings with my Macs at home. :)

Like Canuck, I am impressed by those who try to put together their own systems. I have friends and relatives that do that. I've installed an upgrade in my old tangerine iMac that required a processor replacement and some other internal changes, but I'm sure it's nothing like what you guys do. :)