1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Think i just bought a fantastic car.

Discussion in 'Newbie Forum' started by Alfred Longnose Linguini, Aug 22, 2014.

1. Alfred Longnose Linguini

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    This bad boy gets better mpgs than our 2010 prius. It has 177000 miles and runs like new!
    The 14 mile first test run it pulled 58,7. The same route w the same routines the 2010 gets around 42.

Heard a few bad things about battery issues.. so that was a concern. This guy checkes out good.

I dont know the history of the car. Other than it runs like new, and ptetty much look clean.

What needs to be done? I was thinking an oilcj'hange right of the bat.

2. bisco

bisco cookie crumbler

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    welcome and congrats, i wouldn't change a thing. all the best!(y)

3. jadziasman

jadziasman Prius owner emeritus

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    Spell check first, then oil change.

How long have you owned your 2010? Surely you are aware of the regular maintenance items
    that need to be completed, non? If you're like the majority of Gen 2 owners, you won't be
    spending very much time working (or having someone working) on your car.

My 05 has just passed the 224K mile mark - 90K miles driven by me. Original brakes, suspension, HV battery, etc.
    Other than unexpected repairs like the HV inverter water pump failure replaced by the stealership using the
    limited service campaign (voluntary recall) and a noisy ICE water pump that I replaced,
    no major expenditures except gasoline, insurance, one set of tires, and oil changes.

Go here. Lots of info provided in great detail by hobbit.

100K maint - 1

4. Alfred Longnose Linguini

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    The 10 is just a lease with the maintenance included. So i have just rolled it in and picked it up.

We have had it since new, and thinking about buying it out. Buyout is 14500 now. It only has 31k on it.
    Win,win if you ask me. Can sell it for more
    right?

PS: Norwegian is first lingo. This is what you get when I forget the spell check.

5. jadziasman

jadziasman Prius owner emeritus

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    Buying out the 10 is a good idea. Why did you decide to buy the 07 if you were
    considering keeping the 10?

#5 jadziasman, Aug 23, 2014
    Last edited: Aug 23, 2014
  6. Alfred Longnose Linguini

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    We need two cars. Wife thought it was a little weird with two priuses.. its not is it? She does her things, I do mine. No biggie

7. Dachlover63

Dachlover63 New Member

Vehicle:
    2014 Prius
    Model:
    Four
    My husband bought a 14 last week and I bought a 14 today! Nope not weird to me!! Oh and my son bought a 14 last week too!! Not weird at all!! Excited to have two new cars and even with the payments we will be saving money as we both put in a bunch a miles each week for work!