1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Thread Response Edit Window buggy?

Discussion in 'PriusChat Website Questions' started by Mendel Leisk, Nov 20, 2011.

1. Mendel Leisk

Mendel Leisk Senior Member

Greater Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada
    Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    Touring
    For the last week or so I've noticed off-and-on when I'm trying to type a thread response, keystrokes are ignored, it quits responding. This is in the basic editor. As a work-around, I've found going to advanced editor helps.

FWIW, I've just upgraded to Windows 7, and to Internet Explorer 9, might be factors.

2. Paradox

Paradox Prius Enthusiast / Moderator
    Staff Member

Vehicle:
    2014 Prius v wagon
    Model:
    Five
    I almost always use the quick reply block and have not had an issue...

3. daniel

daniel Cat Lovers Against the Bomb

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    I have never had that problem. I use both the quick-reply box and the Reply buttons, basic editor. OS X 10.6.8 and Chrome here. I was using Firefox until it went berserk on me a while back.

4. cwerdna

cwerdna Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    I don't use IE. Do you have other tabs/windows open, esp. to pages that auto-refresh like GMail? If yes, close them and see what happens.

I started seeing some browser pauses awhile ago and it seemed like GMail was to blame, so I just have Gmail up in a completely different browser app (Chrome) while I do most of my browsing and replying in Firefox.

All my machines are multi-core and my main desktop machine is a quad-core w/hyperthreading.

5. Mendel Leisk

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    Touring
    Just thinking: this has happened at my work as well (on my lunch hour, LOL), and they're still running on Windows XP, with an older version of IE, I think. Anyway, fine now, just an intermittent thing.

6. Mendel Leisk

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    Touring
    This morning the quick reply field is again not recognizing key strokes, and I have to use advanced editting as a work-around.

It seems like the server is very sluggish too, so maybe that's the actual problem? I clicked the post button, my browser hung showing "waiting for response..." status. I hit escape, then attempted again to post, and got the warning of duplicate post.

So maybe just slow.

7. PaJa

PaJa Senior member

Vehicle:
    2017 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    I dont experience similar problems (IE8). Try to cleanout the browser temporary files. I'm writing this via quick reply.

8. jdcollins5

jdcollins5 Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    III
    I have Windows 7 and IE9 at work and I do not see that exact same problem. I just see at times when saving replies some times I get lost in never-never land with the circle just spinning. At other times when I save a reply and return to the thread there is no sign of my reply. I retype it and save again and usually this time it will save correctly.

I have had issues where I save a reply and then have to edit the saved reply. Then I have trouble getting the cursor to show, etc. I have just learned to start typing and the letters end up going where the cursor should have been :)