1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Thumb drive not finding all tracks

Discussion in 'Prius v Audio and Electronics' started by MovieCane, Mar 10, 2014.

1. MovieCane

MovieCane New Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius v wagon
    Model:
    II
    I have recently started using a 32GB thumb drive with MP3s to play music in my 2012 Prius v. I have 4 folders, for the 4 people in my family. My folder has over 1500 songs, which I would like to play randomly, but can live without that if necessary (I have seen that other people are having trouble with the random feature and thumb drives). However, for some reason, the Prius will only recognize 255 songs in my folder. I am not even sure how the Prius determined which songs it put in the top 255, but I can't seem to access any of the rest randomly or by browsing. If I play the 255th song and let it continue, it continues to the next album instead of finding song 256. Any ideas/suggestions?

2. Lee Bridges

Lee Bridges Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2013 Prius v wagon
    Model:
    Five
    Break the folder up into subsections with less than 255 songs per folder? That number (255) reflects 8 bits of depth (2 to the 8th power) for the electronic processing section of the player..

3. rdgrimes

rdgrimes Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2018 Prius Prime
    Model:
    N/A
    The manual fully details supported file types, drive formats, etc, give that a read. Its possible you have some files formatted differently from what the thing supports. I use MP3 at VBR (320), 16/44. No problems with 5000 files in about 450 folders. I don't think there's any restrictions for folder depth, but I'm not sure about the number of files in a folder. But I agree the number 255 is a bit suspicious.