1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Tire Cables for Prius v

Discussion in 'Prius v Main Forum' started by pfjmarina, Jan 30, 2014.

1. pfjmarina

pfjmarina Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2011 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    Hi all;
    Did some searching around on the v forum for information on snow cables, but haven't come across much. We're planning week long road trip in February that will require us to buy some snow cables "just in case". I'm looking at some Security Chain Company (SSC) Super Z6 cables on Amazon that get good reviews. Anyone have any experience with these or recommendations for any other cables? The car is a 2013 Prius v, III so has the P205/60R16 tires.

Thanks!

2. jonb505

jonb505 Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius v wagon
    Model:
    N/A
    I bought a set of Thule CS-10 tire chains(cables) last year in preparation for my move to the west coast. They had really good reviews, maybe a bit expensive but super easy to install. I had to do a few trips from Edmonton to Vancouver last winter during my move and didn't want to buy winter tires as i would not be traveling outside of Vancouver in the wintertime once I had settled in there. Got the chains as a just in case thing and I fully expect I'll never have to use them. But like you say its good to have in the car anyway "just in case".
    From my research i found the more expensive they are the less time it will take to set them up/easier install. Cheaper ones take some more fiddling around to install but likely do the same job. Try em out before you go on your trip to make sure you know how to install them, throw em in the trunk and be done with it. (y)

3. pfjmarina

pfjmarina Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2011 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    Thanks for the information. I ended up getting the SCC Super Z6 cables I mentioned in my first post. I was going to put them on this past weekend to get some practice and see how they fit, but it rained pretty much all day Saturday and Sunday so didn't get the chance. I'll post again after I get a chance to put them on sometime this week (road trip starts next Saturday) and let folks know how easy or hard they are to put on.