1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

tire pressure reset button

Discussion in 'Gen 3 Prius Care, Maintenance & Troubleshooting' started by yellowlabs, Sep 30, 2011.

1. yellowlabs

yellowlabs New Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    III
    I have a 2010 the manual says there is a tire pressure reset button my dealer says there isn't. My car is equipped with the warning system can you tell me where to find the rest button. My Matrix had one that was below the wheel said SET on it I cannot find it on this prius

2. wick1ert

wick1ert Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    III
    It's down under the dash area next to the OBD connector. Clearly you need a new dealer though, if they told you that.

3. yellowlabs

yellowlabs New Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    III
    can you tell me what an obd connector is I have been all over it with a flashlight cannot find it
    Cindy

4. yellowlabs

yellowlabs New Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    III
    FOUND IT WOW ITS all the way under the dash if you follow the plastic all the way down look up with a flashlight above the brake their it is!

5. friz

friz Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2011 Prius
    Model:
    Four
    Just had my tires rotated. I asked for 40psi all around. The indicator went on so I checked the pressure and found they had 48psi. I reduced pressure but the indicator is still on. I found the 'set' button under the dash and pushed it. Didn't solve the issue, light remains on. Anyone found a more effective way of resetting the TPMS? Also if I need to replace the sensors, can only the batteries be replaced or do I need to replace the entire sensor. Thanks in advance.

6. Mendel Leisk

Mendel Leisk Senior Member

Greater Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada
    Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    Touring
    You pretty much have to crawl on your back into the driver's foot well, with a flashlight in your teeth. :D

Good way to mess up your back. :eek:

7. Grit

Grit Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius
    Model:
    Four
    Press & hold til light goes away.

8. ChapmanF

ChapmanF Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    IV
    The system only warns for low pressure, so if the light is on at 48, it's reporting something else (possibly a sensor battery). Unless it has some fixed, high pressure warning threshold that isn't shown in Techstream at all. 48 is mighty high.

I don't think the batteries can be changed (not officially, anyway).

I'd recommend just plugging in Techstream and looking; it will tell you the exact current pressure and temperature readings from all four sensors, and the battery status in each one. If one needs replacement, if you've kept notes of which sensor ID is on which corner of the car (and updated them whenever you rotate), you'll even know which wheel to take off and work on.

-Chap