1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Tire recommendations Prius IV, 15"

Discussion in 'Gen 3 Prius Care, Maintenance & Troubleshooting' started by fmartinhodag, Aug 7, 2014.

1. fmartinhodag

fmartinhodag Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    IV
    Best replacement tires?

2. lester williams

Vehicle:
    2014 Prius
    Model:
    Four
    If I was going back with a 15'' tire I would try the ''Energy Saver'' first--- the Continental ''Pure Contact'' 2nd--- just my thoughts. However, I changed my 15'' to the 16'' and went with 215-55-16 ''Premier's'' as they were closest to the height I was looking for [ 25.2'' as compared to the 25'' 195-65-15'' factory tires. I also wanted some nice looking wheels, so bought those also, ''Konig Lace'' 16''. I am sure you will get a good variety of recommendations besides of what I listed.... Pay close attention to ''F8L' recommendation's as the gentleman appears to be on top of this subject Also, FYI, I am satisfied with the Michelin ''Premier'' tire.

3. bisco

bisco cookie crumbler

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    second the michelin energy saver a/s.

WilDavis likes this.
  4. Dan Sloane

Dan Sloane New Member

Vehicle:
    2013 Prius
    Model:
    Five
    I changed out my OEM's at 46K for Continental True Contacts, just had them rotated which I do ~every 10-15K. Tread is 50% and I am now at 102K. that is about 56K miles on 1/2 the tire life. Of course I will replace B4 the other half is gone but I should get 80-90K out of them. They are relatively quiet in my 2013 Prius five. I drive 64 miles one way to work daily, most of it on Interstate 90 in Eastern WA. They seem to have good grip and take bumps in stride, ie. good ride. They have been good in the wet and stable in the ice and snow we get here. I will be buying another set now so I have new this winter and switch back next spring. Size = 215/45R , 87V