1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

To get pillow ball mounts for coilovers, or not.

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Accessories & Modifications' started by Acidbass32, Jul 1, 2015.

1. Acidbass32

Acidbass32 Member

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    Model:
    II
    I am looking into buying a set of coilovers for my second gen, and my two main options are KSport or Tanabe. I know I will sacrifice some ride comfort to go with pillow ball mounts, but is it even worth it on a short wheelbase car like a prius? On my old supra I had Pillow ball upper mounts and the road noise and comfort loss was bearable, but it was definitely not a daily driver. Has anyone installed pillow ball uppers on any of their coilovers and is it bearable?

2. ronjuan

ronjuan Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2009 Prius
    I have been getting a lot of advise on this topic from Jeremy--AKA Justdidit--I just ordered new struts and Ground Control coil overs....have just receive the coil overs and the rear sway bar, am also going to replace the original, am waiting the struts....purchased KYB Excel G's from the Shockwarehouse.com....The coil overs are almost to pretty to install.....can't wait!!!! IMG_1842.jpg

Justdidit likes this.