1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Took a test drive in a Mariner

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Main Forum' started by hdrygas, Nov 17, 2005.

1. hdrygas

hdrygas New Member

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    I was at the Toyota dealership getting a new cabin air filter, allergies acting up and I hope a new filter will help. So I went next door to the Mercury dealer on the way back to see if they had one of the Hybrids and next thing I know I am driving one. First of all the sales person did not know how the use the computer. It was not Nav equipped so the read out is very simple. It drove exactly like my wife's Escape. Felt like a 6 cylinder engine. Regenerative brakes make more noise than the Prius. It was 48 F out side so in the drive I took I never got it into stealth mode. This was after a few miles on the Freeway at 60 mph. I assumed that the engine never warmed up enough. Too bad I guess I will have to go back in August. There was no engine temperature gage that I could find. The Tank MPG on the computer (once I figured out how to turn it on) was at 10.1 MPG. I was not the first person to test drive the car I would imagine that people have been trying out the power. The brakes feel more like the Prius than the hydraulic brakes on my wife's Escape. The dealer is keeping the car for test drives and telling people to order the car on line from Ford for delivery to the dealership. Also they want 2400 over MSRP.
    Oh I forgot I kicked it into EV mode coming into the Mercury dealership and when I started up to drive out. Not a sound but my tires on the pavement. Wonder if they even noticed my ICE never started :lol: