1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Topped tank with 2 gallons and cruising range wasn't reset after 3 fills since from low (>30 mi)

Discussion in 'Prius c Care, Maintenance and Troubleshooting' started by ShoesmithJ, Mar 5, 2014.

1. ShoesmithJ

ShoesmithJ Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius c
    Model:
    Two

2012 Prius C Two owner here. I was leaving for a long road trip to Seattle from Portland and decided to top my tank up the final 2 gallons before leaving, ensuring 1 fill up for there and back. When I filled my tank with 2 gallons the cruising range didn't reset. I then let the car get down to less than 30 mi range (at least 3 times) and still it it goes back to the initial 365 it filled to when it didn't reset. I have taken it to two different Toyota Dealers to get this checked out. Neither had any idea what to do or why. I usually, even in winter, get a fill to 415. I have 15,000+ on her and had 13000 when I had this happen. Please help?

2. fuzzy1

fuzzy1 Senior Member

Vehicle:
    Other Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    Are you getting the same MPG now as you did earlier when it showed 415 miles?

If the rainy weather has cut your MPG, it should also cut the range estimate.

3. ShoesmithJ

ShoesmithJ Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius c
    Model:
    Two
    I'm getting better gas mileage. And it is Portland. Never ending rain. I've taken my car to the wilsonville , Beaverton and Rose Quarter dealerships. They can't help.

4. ShoesmithJ

ShoesmithJ Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius c
    Model:
    Two
    I'm getting better and it's always raining. I've taken it to 3 dealerships in the area. I was the first in Portland metro to buy a 2012. I was told by dealer. They were so helpful. Was buying remote via phone basically when at parents' in San Francisco. I was taken care of the most amazingly by the deanship's owner. Broadway was amazing. Got $5,000 off before student discount and some other perks because of this wonderful fact. It is audio my first car. I would have even bought her without a test drive. He had to convince me I really should even rent one for a week before deciding. I didn't and love her. I get 1,500 miles for $100 worth of gas ($3.40ish average)

5. Easy Rider

Easy Rider Active Member

Vehicle:
    2013 Prius c
    Model:
    Three
    You are chasing a ghost and likely are obsessing over something that is essentially meaningless.

As you drive the car toward an empty tank, does the "distance to empty" number go down until it is something like
    80 miles when the gauge nears empty ??

If so, that is the important part and you should NOT WORRY about that it says the range is when full.
    A really LOT of factors go into making that estimate.......and it is only an wild guess.
    The dealers can't help you because there likely is NOT a problem that can be "fixed".

fourenty likes this.
  6. mister.e

mister.e Junior Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    What was your otd price? I live in Portland as well and am looking to get a 2013 PC4. I asked about a loaner to test it out around the city but they never called me back.