1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Total newbie here...

Discussion in 'Gen 3 Prius Fuel Economy' started by gamecocktodd, Mar 2, 2011.

1. gamecocktodd

gamecocktodd New Member

Vehicle:
    2011 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    I just bought my 2011 Prius over the weekend. And I must say that I am absolutely loving it. It really is fun to drive. I'm really looking forward to getting down to the fine details and tips of how to really get the very best MPGs out of my vehicle. But on this 1st tank of fuel I'm just sort of enjoying the car and getting accustomed to it.

I'm hopeful that perhaps some folks might chime in and give me some quick advice on some things that I should go ahead and be thinking about. Stuff like air pressure, driving tips, etc.

I can already see that this place has a wealth of information to be soaked up. But please remember, I'm totally new to this. I have never owned a hybrid vehicle of any kind before. But I'm pumped and so happy to be a part of the club.

2. JimboPalmer

JimboPalmer Tsar of all the Rushers

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius v wagon
    Model:
    Three
    :welcome: to the Prius and to PriusChat. I hope you enjoy both as much as I do!

My best advice, drive the car! The first two tanks will give you time to find many of the features and quirks. By the third tank, you should be comfortable enough to begin plotting better mileage. We want to help, but if we get you watching screens when you should be learning where stuff is and what is happening between your car and your view of the road, we may lead you into an accident, and no one wins.

Have fun, don't worry, be happy. By the time you are ready to get better mileage the temperature may allow better mileage.

3. GSW

GSW PRIUS POWER

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    II
    Try doing a search in this forum:

"Max MPG Driving Techniques Youtube Video"

You can thank us later. :D

4. spiderman

spiderman wretched

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    II
    Welcome aboard! Be sure to read the owner's manual over if you have not already... lots of good info in there.