1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Toyota and Honda inventories may be at a minimum now - half empty lots

Discussion in 'Other Cars' started by Rybold, Aug 13, 2011.

1. Rybold

Rybold globally warmed member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    While driving by the Irvine Honda dealer today, I noticed something interesting. The lot was more than 50% empty. Huh? Honda has hot selling cars. So, I decided to drive by the Irvine Toyota dealer and I noticed the lot approaching 50% empty (aside from a brand new row of Prius). This makes me think that maybe the Japanese production shortages of a few months ago are now having their maximum impact on dealer lots, and inventories may be at a minimum right now.

Does anyone have any additional info?

2. bisco

bisco cookie crumbler

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    heard a nissan ad on the radio today claiming they had more iventory than toy or honda.

3. stevemcelroy

stevemcelroy Active Member

Vehicle:
    2009 Prius
    Model:
    II
    My wife just bought a new Acura and they were having the same issue - the lots were more than half empty. They said that even though deliveries were starting back up in a decent way they were still not at normal levels and not even close to being at the point where inventories will build up.

4. Rybold

Rybold globally warmed member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Excellent. Great article. Thanks!

I actually saw three Nissan Leafs today (one was parked next to me in a parking lot when I came back out to my car). I wish Nissan had more hybrids to fill in the gap between traditional ICE and EVs though. With most of all the major automakers offering hybrids these days, Nissan is missing a big business opportunity.

5. cwerdna

cwerdna Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    By the Numbers News - Autoblog might also be interesting to you.

Unfortunately, the NAH is gone for MY12. They probably wanted to stop paying Toyota for every car. I'd imagine they want to increase the # of models with their 2 clutch, 1 motor system.