1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Toyota Announces Priority Registration Web Site for All-New Prius Plug-in Hybrid

Discussion in 'Gen 1 Prius Plug-in 2012-2015' started by Unlimited_MPG, Apr 19, 2011.

1. Unlimited_MPG

Unlimited_MPG Member

Vehicle:
    2011 Prius
    Model:
    Five
    Thank you for the early heads-up on the site being live. I also just registered. Very excited!

2. gwmort

gwmort Active Member

Vehicle:
    Other Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    1. Prius Plug-in EV Mode works under certain conditions up to near freeway speeds for approximately 10-15 miles on a full charge. Sudden acceleration or climate control usage may prevent EV Mode usage

Is that referring to the heater?

3. john1701a

john1701a Prius Guru

Vehicle:
    2017 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Prime Advanced
    HV mode has its benefits. Heat from the engine can be more efficient overall than using the battery-pack alone.

4. SageBrush

SageBrush Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius v wagon
    Model:
    Two
    or cooler. In EV mode they are both power drains.

5. macmaster05

macmaster05 Senor Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    Man, playa gots no money 4 all deez toys! Can't keep up with ch'alls!

6. Paradox

Paradox Prius Enthusiast / Moderator
    Staff Member

Vehicle:
    2014 Prius v wagon
    Model:
    Five

Well, it does have the silver door handles and rear silver applique like the demo car. Maybe they'll make that available on the production units, but as an option?

7. Paradox

Paradox Prius Enthusiast / Moderator
    Staff Member

Vehicle:
    2014 Prius v wagon
    Model:
    Five
    You're welcome, glad you got in right away (even though it doens't matter at this point lol)! I too am quite excited about getting closer to finally owning one of these. It was hard giving up the demo model after a week; I used EV mode SO much where I live for so many tasks including work commuting...

8. NYPrius1

NYPrius1 Active Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Tried to register but the site seemed buggy. It asked for my Toyota Account info user-name and password. Than no where to register.
    So I tried again and it said incorrect user-name or password. That just worked before.
    anyone else having problems?

9. hill

hill High Fiber Member

Vehicle:
    2018 Chevy Volt
    Model:
    Premium
    I'm in! . . . Registered on the "I gotta have one" list around 4:58am PSD today. I had a feeling Toyota would open the gate early. What I didn't expect was that Toyota would do a sign up process requiring NO deposit/good faith money. That can't possibly permit Toyota to truely gauge demand. I was expecting to at LEAST having to clunk down $100 or so ... & was willing to go a LOT higher ... especially after getting to drive the proof of concept model around for a few days.

10. NYPrius1

NYPrius1 Active Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Danny is heading to Virginia for his, anyone picking one up in the NYC area? I'll be getting mine in staten island.
    Assuming I can register I will pick a dealer up here in Middletown, NY

11. Danny

Danny Admin/Founder
    Staff Member

Vehicle:
    2013 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    The site is very buggy. It flat out didn't work in Chrome, then crashed Firefox the first time I opened the page, then I had to enter my name about 5 times before it would accept it. Tony also said over on FB that he wasn't able to register when logging in with his ToyotaOwner account.

12. efusco

efusco Moderator Emeritus
    Staff Member

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    got it to work the second try on IE, never got it to work on Chrome, didn't try FF. But, I'm in too, I didn't select a dealer or anything--was there a place to do that??

13. hill

hill High Fiber Member

Vehicle:
    2018 Chevy Volt
    Model:
    Premium
    If there IS ... I didn't see it. Now that most of the U.S. folks are awake, I'm expecting LOTS of crash factor on their site. Hey! Are you gona be around more? How's things down unda ... or, are you back?

14. NYPrius1

NYPrius1 Active Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    I tried Firefox & Explorer . I did get in one time in the Toyota Account line But than no place to register??
    Perhaps they can fix the site.

15. stream

stream Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    V
    It took me 2 minutes. Using Firefox, and used the "log in with your Toyota Owners account" option.

16. NYPrius1

NYPrius1 Active Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    I tried Firefox & Explorer . I did get in one time in the Toyota Account line But than no place to register??
    Perhaps they can fix the site.

17. NYPrius1

NYPrius1 Active Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    I just got in with owners account option. BUT it said Toyota will be launching a sign up program later this year. It had info about the car and that's it.
    I Give Up

18. azddavero

azddavero New Member

This is the message that I get when I "think" I'm registered. What is everyone else seeing?

Our Online Order System will be launched later this year. We'll notify you by e-mail when it's time for you to come back and order your new prius plug-in!

19. NYPrius1

NYPrius1 Active Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    That's what I am seeing BUT no place to register. Just Prius Plug In Info. I don't think we are registered.

20. stream

stream Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    V
    When I registered by linking to my Toyota Owners account, I got a screen that included the following:

Our Online Order System will be launched later this year. We'll notify you by e-mail when it's time for you to come back and order your new prius plug-in!

Which is consistent with the info in the Toyota press release from earlier this week:

The first phase of the Online Order System, called Priority Registration, will launch on Earth Day, April 22, 2011. Customers who are interested in being one of the first to own a Prius Plug-in can log on to www.toyota.com/plugin and complete their registration on the site. Toyota’s Priority Registration allows the customer first access to the Online Order System when it becomes available later in the year.

The new Online Order System will allow customers the convenience of configuring their own vehicle from any web browser, select their dealership of choice (within 15 launch states), and track their order through production, distribution and delivery.

Since you logged in using your Toyota Owners account, they already have you personal info, so no need to enter it.