1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Toyota Announces Priority Registration Web Site for All-New Prius Plug-in Hybrid

Discussion in 'Gen 1 Prius Plug-in 2012-2015' started by Unlimited_MPG, Apr 19, 2011.

1. Danny

Danny Admin/Founder
    Staff Member

Vehicle:
    2013 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    I received a confirmation email, as well. Did you guys receive that?

2. NYPrius1

NYPrius1 Active Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    OK I Guess I am Registered see you on the road in early 2012 or at a recharging station

3. NYPrius1

NYPrius1 Active Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    No Not Yet.

4. stream

stream Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    V
    No. I registered by linking my Toyota Owners account. From the screen shot you posted (which I didn't get), I assume you didn't do it the same way? Perhaps that's why you received an email and those of us who did the link method didn't????

PriusTeam--comments?

5. Unlimited_MPG

Unlimited_MPG Member

Vehicle:
    2011 Prius
    Model:
    Five
    You should receive an email one like the one Paradox posted on page 6 of this thread. When I registered it asked me for my first and last name, a user name/login name, password, address, and phone number. It then asked me if I still owned two Toyota vehicles they had on file (it listed the year and type of Toyota vehicles). When I submitted this infomation I then received an email like others saying they will notify me the moment I can order the Plug-In Prius. I believe if you get the email then you have registered correctly. Not much too it at this point.

[​IMG]
    [FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Thank you for joining the Prius Plug-in Hybrid movement. We will let you know the moment you can order your Prius Plug-in. In the meantime, stay plugged in for news about your plug-in.

We will remember you as:
    [/FONT]

6. john1701a

john1701a Prius Guru

Vehicle:
    2017 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Prime Advanced
    Yup, got it.

Now, the wait for the next step............ :ranger:

7. efusco

efusco Moderator Emeritus
    Staff Member

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    Just got home yesterday, in the US x 2 days.

8. efusco

Staff Member

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    No, I haven't, and I registered about 15 hours ago now.

***Correction, rechecked and I'll blame it on jet lag, but I did get the email and had just bypassed it for some reason.

9. efusco

Staff Member

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    Ok, logged back in to the site and it says it'll notify me when I can place my order...

welcome back, EVAN.
    logged in as efusco[ logout ]
    Our Online Order System will be launched later this year. We'll notify you by e-mail when it's time for you to come back and order your new prius plug-in!
    learn more about the prius plug-in

10. Paradox

Paradox Prius Enthusiast / Moderator
    Staff Member

Vehicle:
    2014 Prius v wagon
    Model:
    Five
    I was able to register using an iPad and a browser I downloaded from the app store... Not safari, chrome, firefox, skyfire or any 'popular' ones... Had no trouble. I had to try different browsers since safari and 2 others kept wanting to load Toyota's touch site, not the full site.

11. hill

hill High Fiber Member

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    Model:
    IV
    Welcome home! any links so we can see pictures? Hmmm . . . . my log back didn't show any thing like that. I'll atribute that to the flakey factor. Still no email either.

12. Paradox

Staff Member

Vehicle:
    2014 Prius v wagon
    Model:
    Five
    My father has just decided (with my help pushing him lol) to get a plug in as well. He was going to trade his 10' for a 12' anyway, so after hearing about the government giving the rebate for the plug in he said he'll take one. Plus, he would benefit from having a plug in driving around staten island all week running errands.

Anyway, I just registered him using firefox and had no trouble and he got the email within seconds.

13. inventor00

inventor00 Active Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    I did get an email to confirm.. completed last night about 10pm- thanks for the heads up Danny! SO are there any tax credits left by 2012?

14. Paradox

Staff Member

Vehicle:
    2014 Prius v wagon
    Model:
    Five

The tax credits this car will be eligible for are different than the ones which expired for the Prius back in 2006.

I read someone on Priuschat say it will be eligible for $3150 in credit but I read somewhere else today in a Wikipedia article it would only be $2500. Guess we'll have to wait and see for sure but I like to heir on the side of a long time Priuschat member lol.

15. ggood

ggood Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Advanced
    1 person likes this.
  16. Paradox

Staff Member

Vehicle:
    2014 Prius v wagon
    Model:
    Five
  17. ggood

ggood Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Advanced
    I registered, if for no other reason than to keep my options open. Heck, I'm still considering a CT 200h and still torn by all the other option coming down the pike. Are any of the other enthusiasts here still confused and considering other options, like say:

ELECTRICS ($7,500 tax credit)
    Toyota Rav4
    Ford Focus
    Nissan Leaf

PLUG-INS
    Ford C-Max Energi
    Ford Escape
    Chevy Volt

18. Paradox

Staff Member

Vehicle:
    2014 Prius v wagon
    Model:
    Five
    I really cannot consider a pure ev, although I wish I could, since we are a 1 car family. Purchasing a 2nd vehicle to insure in the city would be counter productive for us. So ev's are unfortunately out.

The volt I would have but with it's cs mode quite frankly sucking compared to the prius plug in, I'll go with the prius. 13 miles suits me, barely, but it does. Any less and I would have to not consider it honestly.

The others you mentioned are Fords and I will never buy a ford. New, old, I don't care, I will not own a Ford.

19. macmaster05

macmaster05 Senor Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    Registration isn't working...

I'm trying to register for this hawt new Plug-In thang ch'allz be gettin, but I'm stuck. After entering my Toyota Owners login and password, it takes me to a screen to update my profile: https://auth2.toyota.com/prius/plug-in/apps/profile/updateInfo.do

However, there's no Continue button (or equivalent)!! Also the Update button is grayed out. The other problem is I can't just sign up as a new member because it knows that I already own an account. I guess it recognizes my home address because I used my 2nd email. I don't have a 2nd home, however. :D

Anyone know what to do?

20. mikewithaprius

mikewithaprius New Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    Re: Registration isn't working...

I'll super generously let you sign up under my name. What'll happen then is I'll process the eventual order with your financial resources, but of course it will be delivered to me here in Rhode Island.

I promise at that point I'll drive the car out to you, and not keep it for myself. :p