1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Toyota Aqua Air concept planned for Tokyo motor show

Discussion in 'Prius, Hybrid, EV and Alt-Fuel News' started by Sergiospl, Nov 14, 2013.

1. Sergiospl

Sergiospl Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2011 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    Toyota Aqua Air, an all-new roadster concept!
    [​IMG]
    "The Toyota Aqua Air, an all-new roadster concept based on the Japan-only hybrid supermini, will be shown for the first time at theTokyo motor show later this month.

Toyota has yet to reveal any official information about the concept, but according to internet rumours the concept is powered by a 99bhp 1.5-litre petrol engine in conjunction with an electric motor. The hybrid powertrain is linked to a CVT gearbox.

The concept should be very fuel efficient, with rumours suggesting it'll be able to manage as much as 100mpg. No performance or top speed information has yet been revealed.
    Reportedly measuring 3990mm long by 1690mm wide, with a height of 1440mm and a wheelbase of 2550mm, the Aqua Air concept could well act as a preview for a new compact roadster.

Toyota will also add two other Aqua-based concepts to its Tokyo lineup, including the Aqua G Sports and the Aqua 'Cross'.
    http://www.autocar.co.uk/car-news/motor-shows/toyota-aqua-air-concept-planned-tokyo-motor-show?

priusplusowner likes this.
  2. garm

garm mpg + cool = win

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius c
    Model:
    Two
    I read that, but it keeps the stock power train of 100 combined hp and the CVT. Fuel efficient, but definitely not performance-oriented.

3. Jimbo69ny

Jimbo69ny Active Member

Vehicle:
    Other Electric Vehicle
    Model:
    N/A
    Ill hold my breath!

I am so sick of seeing concept cars from toyota that never see the light of day. Ive been hoping for a hybrid or EV sports car for years! I wanted the FT-HS so damn bad then the recession hit and they scrapped everything. Now greencarreports.com says Toyota and BMW are going to work together on a hybrid supercar that will cost $350k+. But that may or may not even happen until 2015.
    BMW, Toyota Decide On Hybrid Supercar Project

Im so sick of waiting.

4. Sergiospl

Sergiospl Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2011 Prius
    Model:
    Two
  5. chinito77

chinito77 Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius
    Model:
    Four
    The Aqua Air looks too feminine and way underpowered for a roadster. Roadster are suppose to be fun to drive, not pink and...anyway, I was hoping for Prius sports coupe. I'm looking to get a Tesla or Prius in 2015 but I'm hoping for a more sporty looking Prius.

6. Fauxknight

Fauxknight Active Member

Vehicle:
    2013 Prius c
    Model:
    Three
    I like the style on the Cross the most, throw on some AWD to match the look and release it in the US and I'd throw money at Toyota as soon as it was available.

The Roadster isn't a necessarily a bad idea, it does look girly, but that might open up their market on the C a bit.

7. Sergiospl

Sergiospl Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2011 Prius
    Model:
    Two
  8. frodoz737

frodoz737 Top Wrench

Vehicle:
    2015 Prius
    Model:
    Four
    If the Aqua Air really happens @100 mpg I would be interested, however not in pink.

9. El Dobro

El Dobro A Member

Vehicle:
    Other Electric Vehicle
    Model:
    N/A
    More my speed.
    [​IMG]

10. Sergiospl

Sergiospl Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2011 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    Or this! :)

11. HeyItsSolomon

HeyItsSolomon New Member

Vehicle:
    2013 Prius c
    Model:
    Three
    I'd love a convertible Prius C, even in pink, and I don't think I'm alone. Could be hit for Toyota...and Gas Monkey'll tell ya--Top goes down, price goes up.

[​IMG]