1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Toyota Cuts 30% of Hybrid System Cost in New Prius

Discussion in 'Prius, Hybrid, EV and Alt-Fuel News' started by Danny, Apr 9, 2009.

1. boulder_bum

boulder_bum Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    I wonder how this will factor into the cost of the 2010 Prius.

2. Tideland Prius

Tideland Prius Moderator of the North
    Staff Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    It'll cover some of the cost of the extra features.

3. DaveinOlyWA

DaveinOlyWA 3rd Time was Solariffic!!

Vehicle:
    2013 Nissan LEAF
    Model:
    Persona
    i bought a "HQ (high Quality) VCR about 10-15 years ago.... it was high quality, because it took the same tape data and scanned it like 4 times then compiled it together and that was supposed to produce a much better picture and allow frame by frame, slow motion without the noise band in the center, etc... paid $400. well, lets just say, the advertising was much much more effective than the technology was.

now, lets advance 10 years. i buy a "HD" DVD player for not $200 which is half. not $40 which is 10%, but 19.99... now is it built to last?? for 19.99 WHO CARES??!!

now, why should i get so much more for so little?? because technology does not wait for no man. a product that does not offer more year over year for the same or lower price (cars are an exception since they pretty much run with the rate of inflation) will be a product that quickly fades from the consumer's mind.

the Prius is not one of those products which is why, despite the much shiny bells and the bigger whistles, will only be incrementally more than the 2009's