1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Toyota Prius 2010 OEM door edge guards instructions

Discussion in 'Gen 3 Prius Accessories and Modifications' started by Former Member 68813, Oct 23, 2010.

1. Former Member 68813

Former Member 68813 Senior Member

Vehicle:
    Other Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A

I just purchased a set of silver guards from ebay seller. Toyota part number PT936-47100-01. No instructions inside and a label that instructions need to be downloaded from TIS. Obviously I have no access to TIS. Does anyone have these instructions. I googled and searched this forums with no results for 2010 model.
    I did find similar instuctions for other toyota models and it includes a specific template to fit to door handles and instructions how to remove door edge sealer. Thus, I don't want to do it without specific instructions.
    Thanks!

2. Former Member 68813

Vehicle:
    Other Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    Never mind, the ebay seller was toyota dealer and downloaded the instructions for me. I have them in PDF format if anyome needs them. I have mixed felling about the OEM edge guards. They are steel and had to hammered on the door edge. The paint is likely damaged underneath and while they offer protection for my car it will not protect the door on the receiving end. It was also pricey, but looks nice with perfectly matching paint and small size, unlike the aftermarket ones I have on other cars.

1 person likes this.
  3. chrisj428

chrisj428 Active Member

Vehicle:
    Other Hybrid
    Model:
    Plug-in Advanced
    I'm curious. When I put the generic clear door edge guards on mine, someone said they wouldn't look good. I couldn't figure out why until about a month ago. :p

4. yadax3

yadax3 Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    IV
    Could someone please post the door edge guard installations instructions here?

5. Former Member 68813

Vehicle:
    Other Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    attached

Attached Files:

4 people like this.
  6. Former Member 68813

Vehicle:
    Other Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
  7. teamsc10190

teamsc10190 Stereo Prii (2011 and 2006)

Vehicle:
    2011 Prius
    Model:
    Four
    Just now seeing your post concerning the genuine Toyota door edge guards. I'm very familiar with this genuine product. You shouldn't be concerned that your OE paint will be damaged by the door edge guard. The genuine Toyota parts are custom formed stainless steel to register perfectly with the contours of the door edge and encapsulated (inside and out) in a thermoplastic compound before being wet sprayed with matching OE paint. There isn't any metal-to metal contact to cause consequential damage.

The reason for the plastic-face mallet installation is that the parts are compression-fit to the door for retention. These are accurate tooled parts, not the extruded rubber hose typically sold by mass merchandisers.

TheBippi likes this.
  8. clearbraj

clearbraj Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    Personally I would recommend Paint Protection film clear door edge guards. Lets the color of the vehicle shine since they are invisible and fits flush with door. Many shops will custom cut them to the door with a "rounded edge". They can be removed without damage (not sure you would want to)

Some shops and even delaers just cut them from a .25" roll and slap them on - Not recommended.