1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Toyota Prius Navigation Speed Lock Override (Camry Hybrid and Prius)

Discussion in 'Gen 3 Prius Accessories and Modifications' started by kingsnake, Apr 4, 2012.

1. kingsnake

kingsnake New Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius
    Model:
    Five
    Hey, I've been here before (2008 Prius buy, just couldn't remember my user name), yesterday I upgraded to the 2012 Prius Touring 5 for my spouse. I'll be getting the Camry XLE Hybrid soon. ​

I had this MOD on my 2008 Prius and want to get it again for both my Hybrids. My Camry is going to be the larger screen 7 (Fully loaded). ​

The prius has the tech package. ​

What Toyota Prius Navigation Speed Lock Override model number do I need for the Prius and Camry XLE Hybrid? (I guess I should ask, will they work for Camry too?) ​

2. cproaudio

cproaudio Speedlock Overrider

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    V
    V1V or V3V for both vehicles. I don't have any installation instructions for the Camry. However, the Camry uses the same speed signal as the Prius. I think the 2012 Camry also uses the same plug as the 2012 Prius.

3. sleepdoc

sleepdoc New Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius
    Model:
    Three
    I just got a 2012 Prius 3. How hard is it to put in the Navigation override package? Is it doable as a weekend mechanic? Does it void any warranties? How much is it?

4. cproaudio

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    V
    The override is made to as install friendly as possible. You can download the installation instruction and see for yourself if you can tackle the installation. I can do the install in 20-30 minutes but that's just me.
    The Magnuson-Moss warranty act of 1975 made it illegal for auto manufacturers to void a warranty because the vehicle owner added after-market products. Auto manufacturers have to repair the vehicle UNLESS they can prove the problem was caused by an after-market part.
    Bottom links in my signature can answer more of your questions.

5. kingsnake

kingsnake New Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius
    Model:
    Five
    I can't recall where I got my override for my 08 Prius however all I did was plug it in under the seat.

This one offered on PC shop looks more involved and also some sort of dial switch is with it. The one I had before was pretty much plug and play. Just curious if there is a Youtube video or something showing a step by step instructions, if I can see how it is done that works better than paper for me.

6. JSJB

JSJB New Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius v wagon
    Model:
    V
    I'm considering getting this model for a Prius V 5 -- where are the instructions you refer to that I can download in advance? Also, the description online says "the switch for the override installs into any of the available 'blanks' that you have in your dash." What does that mean? I'm not sure I have any... Finally, what is the difference between the on-off model and the on-off-timed model (besides $50)?

Thanks for all your help!

Jeffrey

7. cproaudio

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    V
    Costaltech makes plugin and play override for the 08. Override FAQ 2010-2012 Prius Installation instruction If you're looking for plug and play, I suggest Prestigious Society. Their plug and play bypass is $309.99. The V1 override for 2012 6.1" screen is $80 and The V1V override for 2012 7" screen is $100.
    Read the Override FAQ
    Blanks are blank covers for switches that not are not installed in your vehicle. For example, Parking assist, solar fans, and heated seats require a push button to activate them. Since not all Prii came with those options, the push button switch is replaced by a blank filler panel. If you know of a better word to describe it, please let me know.
    I have not installed the override in a Prius v so I don't have any instructions. However, once you've remove the nav display, the plugs should be the same as the 2012 standard Prius.

8. kingsnake

kingsnake New Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius
    Model:
    Five
    Do you have a video install? From how to take off the parts to get to the navi and how to hook up? Or just step by step written?

I saw a picture of the switch the other guys use, it dangles, I like the option to put/use a blank cover available.

I'll be getting 2

9. kingsnake

kingsnake New Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius
    Model:
    Five
    got em ordered. If they can get here by Tuesday, that would be great.

10. cproaudio

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    V
    if you ordered the override, please check with [email protected] because I didn't get any orders today.

11. d2mini

d2mini Active Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius
    Model:
    Five
    Just curious... why is this switched and not permanent?

12. kingsnake

kingsnake New Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius
    Model:
    Five
    For those who care, I will post a video after install for my Prius and Camry Hybrid navi override sold on prius chat. I hope to have it installed middle to late next week with the video a few days after.

13. cproaudio

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    V
    Permanent bypass would render the map screen and navigation useless because the position would be stopped.

14. d2mini

d2mini Active Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius
    Model:
    Five
    Bummer. Figured it was something like that. I like my Audi that leaves all nav and entertainment fully functional at all speeds. Too bad it can't be disabled permanently.

15. kingsnake

kingsnake New Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius
    Model:
    Five
    I loved my BMW, those Germans build great cars plus only give you a safety warning message for the NAV and don't treat you like a kid by locking you out!

I'm sick of the "Toyota" lawyers crap, if Germans can do it so can the Japs! Or at least make us sign a waiver at the dealership to unlock it.

Japs make great cars but...

16. soaristo

soaristo Junior Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    I just installed Prestigious Society's kit on my 2012 Sienna (as well as their AV input system). The kit works great and is 100% plug and play. Their system for the 2012 Prius (and Camry) now no longer has a switch and instead using the volume controls to activate and deactivate the system. I wish they have the non-switch system for my Sienna but I hide the switch anyways.

2 people like this.
  17. kingsnake

kingsnake New Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius
    Model:
    Five

WOW! I wish I knew about that switch being gone... That just raised the bar, I'd gladly pay the 300.00 for it now. I wonder if "Prius SHop" would refund my money -minus shipping if I decline the package when it gets here (That way I never touched it, opened it etc...) or will it be an up hill battle trying to get a full refund for something I never accepted or opened...

18. kingsnake

kingsnake New Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius
    Model:
    Five
    Sent request to refuse package and asked for refund minus shipping charges, I'll see what they say.

19. John in LB

John in LB Life is good

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Advanced
    I just installed the V1 on my Prius Plug-In Advanced. Ordered from the PC store and manufactured by CPROAudio.

Worked like a charm and was a very professional assembly. Instructions were straight forward. Delivery from the store was timely too.

Thanks guys for a great product!

20. kingsnake

kingsnake New Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius
    Model:
    Five
    Just had the Prestigious Society installed in the Prius, the Camry Hybrid is at the car audio shop now getting tinted and the NAVI override put in as well. (All in one day)

It didn't take them long (1/2 hour) to put it in the Prius.

Works like a charm. It is the new navi override as stated above that comes with no external on off switch. You use the steering wheel volume to turn it on and off. (Down twice up twice to turn on and turn off).

DVD is working perfectly.

For those who want just an on and off switch mounted somewhere, try the Prius Chat one. Seem like good people to work with, they let me return my order minus shipping that I agreed to before hand because it was the right thing to do. Item was out for delivery to them yesterday but I guess no one was around to sign for it. Still waiting on them to refund as tracking shows I refused it and it was been attempted to be delivered back to them...