1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Toyota releases pricing and details for FR-S Sports Car - in dealers this Spring

Discussion in 'Other Cars' started by Rybold, Mar 27, 2012.

1. cwerdna

cwerdna Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    I saw an FR-S at a local dealer today while waiting for them to remove the excess oil from an oil change. It was the only one they had. Not surprisingly, the dealer did a bunch of aftermarket work on it and marked up the price a bunch.

The interior (at least the dash bits) is of much better quality than I expected. There was plenty of soft touch plastic on the top. I thought it'd be cheap judging from the styling I'd seen in pictures.

The rear seats are a total joke. I'm surprised Toyota bothered w/the weight and cost of putting them in at all. I remarked about that and the salesman (who was helping someone else) claimed that the 2 extra seats helps w/insurance. However, judging by the some of the other car randomness coming out of his mouth (he's sure got a LOT of misinformation about the auto industry), I wouldn't be so sure.

2. austingreen

austingreen Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2018 Tesla Model 3
    Model:
    N/A
    lol. Engine looks more like a subaru design they like flat 4s, toyota straight 4s,. 86mm stroke, 86mm bore is just how a "square" 2L turns out. Toyota has been talking about their next generation efficient engines having longer strokes than bores. Toyota might have modified the design, and done the port+direct injection.

IIRC Flat 4s are more expensive to manufacture.

3. El Dobro

El Dobro A Member

Vehicle:
    Other Electric Vehicle
    Model:
    N/A
    I saw a commercial for the car on TV yesterday.

4. xs650

xs650 Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    II
    You are correct.