1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Toyota remote start question

Discussion in 'Gen 3 Prius Accessories and Modifications' started by rcs3434, Jan 25, 2015.

1. rcs3434

rcs3434 Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    V
    I just picked up a 2010 certified prius 5, and when I was sitting at the light happened to read the sticker on the window and it said toyota vip remote engine starter. image.jpg I only got one key fob with the car and it didn't have a remote start on it. I guess my question is how do I tell if it's installed and where can I get a key fob to use it? Is it worth getting it and I'm sure it needs to be programmed too. Or is there a certain button combo to use on my standard lock/unlock/panic key fob?

TIA

2. rcs3434

rcs3434 Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    V
    Nm, figured it out just certain button combo, bonus on the remote starter.

3. bisco

bisco cookie crumbler

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    don't know anything about remote starters, but one thing i do know, if you paid for a certified prius from a toyota dealer, you should get two key fobs. before you lose it, go back and demand the secod one, they're worth unto $400. all the best.(y)

4. mrbigh

mrbigh Prius Absolutum Dominium

Vehicle:
    Other Electric Vehicle
    With the vehicle parked and locked; press the fob lock key 3 consecutive times from 10 ft away.
    If the RES is activated, the engine should start.

5. qdllc

qdllc Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2013 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    With mine, it's two quick presses of the LOCK button then press and hold LOCK until the car beeps again. It should auto-start.

6. R3PB

R3PB Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    Premium w/ Solar Cells
    My 2010 solar roof model has the remote start stickers on both front windows, but when I click the lock button twice then press and hold a third time, nothing happens. Tried several times. Went to my local Santa Fe Toyota dealer, and was told by the service department guy to perform that operation on the unlock button. Right... So much for the expertise of those guys. Anyone know of anything else I can check? Everything else on the car is working great.

7. R3PB

R3PB Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    Premium w/ Solar Cells
    Update: Finally got it to work. Turned out, I was waiting too long between clicks (waited until after it had finished its beeps and flashes, then clicked again). By clicking three times quickly and holding on the third click for about three seconds, it beeped, flashed twice and the engine started. For the first few seconds, the parking lights flashed continuously, then stopped flashing while the engine kept running. Yay!