1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Traction control light always on, and heater/ac fan doesn't work

Discussion in 'Gen 3 Prius Care, Maintenance & Troubleshooting' started by Libertydreams, Nov 26, 2014.

1. Libertydreams

Libertydreams Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius
    I am not sure if they are related or if they happened at the same time but my wife said her heater/ac fan wasn't working. So I figured it was a fuse, but after visually checking all the fuses and I mean all, none appear to be blown. After checking all the fuses I turned the car on, only to find out I put a couple fuses in the wrong locations and re-installed according to the diagram on the back of the cover. Turned car back on and heater fan as expected did not turn on. Then I noticed the Trac light on, not blinking or beeping just "on". After looking on the forums and web this means that it is turned off. If it is just off how do you turn it back on? Does anyone have an idea about both of my issues, any good advice will be greatly appreciated.

2. Christian_cool

Christian_cool Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    III
    Hello, i don't know what kind of issue you have, maybe its an error that just needs to be reset. I was changing a fuse at a time and forgot to put a fuse inside, then engine light came on (yellow light with triangle), even when i put the missing fuse back on. So i used OBD to reset the faults but didn't work. Then i Disconnected the black negative 12V battery for 30 min and connected it again and it worked.
    I dont know if it would work in your case if its just a software error, then you could try to reset the cars computer by disconnecting the 12 V battery.
    Hope it helps :)

3. Libertydreams

Libertydreams Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius
    Thank you I was waiting to try that in case I have to reset stations and blue tooth and whatever else goes with the nav system

4. Christian_cool

Christian_cool Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    III
    you welcome, in my case it reset the bluetooth evrything on the nav and radio stations, except for waypoints in navigation as its stored on a SD card, the map. but its different from nav models.
    I hope it works :)

5. Lakshan

Lakshan Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2011 Prius
    Model:
    Three Touring
    HI I also go the same issue. I changed ball joint and now its showing traction control off light. disconnected 12v battery and reset but didnt work. :(

6. bisco

bisco cookie crumbler

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    no doubt something went bad with the repair. maybe a loose connector plug or similar.

jerrymildred likes this.
  7. jerrymildred

jerrymildred Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2017 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    Yep. Sounds like something got knocked loose or not reconnected.