1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Turn signals dig-dings??

Discussion in 'Gen 3 Prius Care, Maintenance & Troubleshooting' started by IABoy987, May 24, 2014.

1. IABoy987

IABoy987 Member

Vehicle:
    2018 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    Today while driving a long open highway stretch, put on turn signal and waited to hear what the turn signal on reminder sounded like. Went several miles with first the left then right turn signal on, but never heard a sound. Did Toyota delete this reminder sound from 2011 Prius? Is it turned off and there is a combination of button pushes to restore it? Looked through Prius manual but did not see anything about it, and nothing in the maintenance section of Nav package.

2. JimboPalmer

JimboPalmer Tsar of all the Rushers

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius v wagon
    Model:
    Three
    While I commend you on even using your turn signals, Toyota apparently skimped on such a reminder on the theory no one ever did.

Here in Mississippi, the only folks with their turn signals on apparently bought their car that way and have no idea how to make it stop.

jdk2 and xpcman like this.
  3. bisco

bisco cookie crumbler

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    boston has been putting up ' please use yah blinkah' signs on the highways, and ticketing offenders.

4. macman408

macman408 Electron Guidance Counselor

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    V
    If they deleted the reminder, that would imply that it used to exist in some model? As far as I'm aware, it's never been a feature of the Prius, and as far as I can tell, no other Toyota either. It's certainly not present on my 2010, anyway...

5. bisco

bisco cookie crumbler

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    i've never had it in my three pri...