1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Turning It Over

Discussion in 'Prius v Main Forum' started by David OBrien, Nov 16, 2014.

1. David OBrien

David OBrien New Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius v wagon
    Model:
    Two
    We are a family of one tall dad (me) 6'4", 2 average additional family members (really above average wife and son), along with 2 medium size dogs.
    We are coming from a history of driving minivans and want to go with the Prius v (lowercase v).
    I've sat in one (and was comfortable) and my wife will be taking a test drive tomorrow.
    We imagine that we can fold down one of the rear seats and put the dogs back there with our son.

Are there tall folks out there and what has been their experience?
    And families?

2. rdgrimes

rdgrimes Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2018 Prius Prime
    Model:
    N/A
    The back seat area is huge. Its a 60/40 split bench. Tall drivers might need to fiddle with the seat for a while but its not uncomfortable. The headrest presents issues for some tall drivers.

3. catgic

catgic Mastr & Commandr Hybrid Guru

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius v wagon
    Model:
    Five
    David Obrien - In my opinion, Toyota hit the versatility and fuel economy "$weet $pot" with the Prius v(vee)'s design. I call the v(vee) Station Wagon a "Caddy In A Kimono" because Toyota achieved and delivered an optimal balance of MPG-FE and chassis-design with the v(vee) “v"onder "v"agon. Marrying the fuel-sipping 98hp 1.8-Liter I4 engine displacement 2ZR-FXE with the Hybrid Synergy Drive propulsion system design in a Station Wagon “Foot Print” delivered voluminous driver-front passenger space & comfort, Limousine-esque rear passenger legroom and seating space, plus “Dog-Friendly” & "Washing Machine-In-A-Box" sized cargo hauling volume space.

Compare Some Pertinent Numbers & Specs Of Toyota’s v(vee) Station Wagon vs. Sienna Van:

>> Starting MSRP: v(vee) – $26,750Sienna $28,600.
    >> EPA Fuel Economy: v(vee) –44 City/42 Combined/40 HighwaySienna 18 City/21 Combined/25 Highway.
    >> Cargo Volume Behind Rear Seat: v(vee) – 34.3 cu-ftSienna – 39.1 cu-ft.
    >> Seating Capacity: v(vee) – 5Sienna 7/8.
    >> Curb Weight: v(vee) – 3274 lbsSienna 4415 lbs.
    >> Driver-Front Passenger Dimensions: v(vee) – Leg Room: 41.3/Head room: 39.6/ Shoulder room: 55.9/ Hip room: 53.5/ …Sienna Leg Room: 40.5/Head room: 41.0/ Shoulder room: 65.0/ Hip room: 58.6/

With luck, "She Who Must Be Obeyed" will love it, and you all will become new members of the "Hybrid Hive." :D

#3 catgic, Nov 17, 2014
    Last edited: Nov 17, 2014
  4. mikefocke

mikefocke Prius v Three 2012, Avalon 2011

Vehicle:
    Other Hybrid
    Model:
    Limited
    My older son is 6'6" 180 and drives the hatchback 60 miles to work. I'm a long-torso'ed 6' 210 and drive the v in preference to my wife's Avalon. She prefers her car. My younger is 6'5" 300 and fits in any of the seats of my v but would prefer more legroom when he is driving.

The trunk is big enough for any dog. No need to fold the rear seat if he will tolerate not having an open window. And folding the rear seat creates a space between the seat and the trunk that he could easily get his legs stuck in so fill that space with something.

Try it yourself configured to fit your family and for as long as they will let you and fiddle with the settings to determine your comfort level. We all have different shaped bodies and different sensitivities.

5. Quentin

Quentin Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    I'd think about leaving the seat up and buckling the dog in or putting up a dog cage thing between the passenger area and cargo area. You don't want the dog to become a projectile in the car in te event of an accident.

Tandy 400