1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Underbody Covers

Discussion in 'Gen 1 Prius Plug-in 2012-2015' started by Paul Rekow, Aug 28, 2015.

1. Paul Rekow

Paul Rekow Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2021 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    Hi all, I was wondering if anyone else has had issues with the underbody covers. The one's that I am having trouble with are the middle ones, behind the front wheels. I have 1/3 of a mile of gravel road from my home to the roads in town and I have built up enough dust and now gravel that they are sagging down and breaking the plug screws that hold them in place. I took the car to the dealer and asked them to remove them and they said they advised against it.
    Anyone else had any problems with these?
    Thanks, Paul

2. Mendel Leisk

Mendel Leisk Senior Member

Greater Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada
    Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    Touring
    If gravel/dirt is accumulating above the panels you better get them off and clear it. There's a variety of screws, bolts and plastic push-in expansion fasteners. With the latter I find one of these paint can openers handy, due to to it's right angle blade tip:

Capture.JPG

One of these too, helps occasionally:

Capture.JPG

If I tap on some of mine, especially the long, down the middle ones, I see grit sifting down. Now you've got me thinking about it, lol.