Welcome to PriusChat

We'd love to have you join our community and participate in the conversation! Sign up for FREE today.

Unintended Miles to kilometers per hour setting change

Discussion in 'Prius c Care, Maintenance and Troubleshooting' started by Slinton57, Jan 9, 2013.

Social Buttons

1. Slinton57

Slinton57 Hybrid Silver Bullet

Your Vehicle Year:
    2012 Prius c
    Model:
    Two
    I accidentally switched my C from miles to kilometers and for the life of couldn't figure out how to switch it back. Since I was resetting the trip odometer when this happened I thought it might have something to do with the trip odometer settings. I was correct. If you hold the trip odometer button down it will switch. Fortunately it switches back the same way. I was wondering if anyone else had done the same.
    JoCap likes this.
  2. vrej sarkissian

vrej sarkissian New Member

Your Vehicle Year:
    2012 Prius c
    Model:
    I

same thing happened to me but mine switched all on its own over night. go figure. luckily i was able to switch it back.
  3. ztanos

ztanos All-around Geek!

Your Vehicle Year:
    2012 Prius c
    Model:
    Four
    I believe you have to hold the trip and the display button down until it changes.
  4. Gcoop

Gcoop Member

Your Vehicle Year:
    2012 Prius c
    Model:
    N/A
    just hold trip not display
    but you have to be in odo mode, if your on trip a or b it will reset the tripmeter, in odo mode it will change mph to kph

i use this constantly, as i live right on the boarder and am constantly traveling between countries
  5. ztanos

ztanos All-around Geek!

Your Vehicle Year:
    2012 Prius c
    Model:
    Four
    Ah you beat me to it Gcoop. I tried it out last night just to verify and was coming on this morning to correct myself. Thanks for the help.
  6. JoCap

JoCap New Member

Your Vehicle Year:
    2013 Prius c
    Model:
    I

What a lifesaver! I just drove it home post-purchase and could not for the life of me figure it out. I did review settings that I had touched EXCEPT for the trip odometer. I thought I was going nuts as the screen clearly said I was already set for miles.