1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Updating Entune on HDD Nav?

Discussion in 'Gen 3 Prius Audio and Electronics' started by brent_strong, Jun 4, 2014.

1. brent_strong

brent_strong Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2013 Prius
    Model:
    V
    I've been doing some reading about updating the Entune software for the non-HDD nav units, but haven't found much info on how I would go about doing this for my car, which has the Advanced Tech package with the 7" hard-drive based unit. I caught some passing references to doing the update over a cell connection, but nothing firm.

I'd appreciate if anyone could point me in the right direction! I'm not even sure how to check which version of the software I have on this unit!

2. brent_strong

brent_strong Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2013 Prius
    Model:
    V
    It looks like it does update OTA (over the air, using cellphone connection). I connected my phone to Entune and launched the Apps function on the headunit. It ran an update for about 10 minutes and then restarted the apps. Slick.

Anyone know what else can or should be updated on this? How is the general OS updated? During the maps update?