1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

US 2005 Energy Policy

Discussion in 'Environmental Discussion' started by SSimon, Jul 27, 2006.

1. SSimon

SSimon Active Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    The energy policy that was signed in 2005 has received a lot of slack from environmentalists. I just looked into the key issues of this policy and am attaching the link below. This policy has been chastised for providing significant monetary breaks for the oil industry. I don't find evidence of this fact in the link below. Anyone have information on it? See the provisions that didn't make it in the act....raising of cafe standards was in the bill but was excluded in the act. :angry: but drilling for an insignificant amount of oil in ANWAR didn't make it in the act either. :) :) :)

Oh, and did you know daylight savings time is being changed starting in 2007?!?!? I heard about discussions in this area but it is now so.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Energy_Policy...2005#Provisions

2. triphop

triphop New Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(SSimon @ Jul 27 2006, 05:47 PM) [snapback]293437[/snapback]</div>
    Probably the most short-sited, pork-laden toilet-splasher (only exceeded by the recent transportation bill) to have come shooting out of the halls of Congress in recent years.

Maybe someone point me to a few successes for all the money that has been placed on our childrens credit card. Anyone? Please.