1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Used 2004 Toyota Prius 2nd Generation

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Care, Maintenance and Troubleshooting' started by Justin Ortega, Jul 23, 2016.

1. Justin Ortega

Justin Ortega New Member

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    I recently bought a used 2004 Prius. It's in good condition. I was driving it last night and noticed that the lights on the steering wheel for the audio and climate control switches weren't lit. Also, the lights on the "POWER" switch, headlight and turn signalswitches, wiper and washer switches, electronic shift lever (R, N, D, B), "P" switch, cruise control, Km/h or MPH button, trip meter reset button, emergency flasher switch, the hazard switch, smart entry and start cancel system switch, car audio, and power door switches weren't lit as well. I turned the instrument panel light controldial switch all the way up too and still nothing is lit. The good thing is the dashboard lights up and displays great. The clock works fine as well. Has anyone ever encountered this problem before? If so, is there any fuse connected that can be located to fix these luminous problems?

2. bisco

bisco cookie crumbler

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    welcome and congrats! the o/m should list all the fuses.

3. JC91006

JC91006 Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    Model:
    II
    They are lit, just they are very dim