1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

vehicle proximity notification system aka the noisemaker

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Care, Maintenance and Troubleshooting' started by shaban1363, Apr 5, 2013.

1. shaban1363

shaban1363 New Member

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    I have prius 2005 right side (UK)
    I tried to find this plug but so far no luck, any advice?
    I contacted Toyota Jemca and they confirmed its black box speaker with two wire pluged into it and i can easily unplug it.
    can you kindly help me where exactly to find this speaker?
    is the plug grey or white?
    thanks

2. Rebound

Rebound Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    In the US, Toyota did not have the noisemaker until 2012. I don't think they had it in other countries prior to 2012, but I'm not an expert.

3. bisco

bisco cookie crumbler

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    it looks like, at the right end of the connector, there is a tab (and should be one on the opposite side) that you squeeze to pull the plug apart. that's how they usually work. there is a small clip at the inside (hidden) end of the tab. hard to know which plug it is unless you can identify the noisemaker. the u.s. one is behind the front bumper in front of the driver. best access is thru the wheel well by removing a few screws from the wheel well plastic inside trim in front of the tire. there are a few threads here with pics, all the best!