1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Vehicle Service Agreement refund

Discussion in 'Prius c Care, Maintenance and Troubleshooting' started by thetakara, Mar 16, 2014.

1. thetakara

thetakara Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2013 Prius c
    Model:
    Three
    I'm just wondering how long it takes for them to refund it. I realized it was a $1735 waste a few days after I got it because it doesn't really cover anything.

Brad K likes this.
  2. Technigogo

Technigogo Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    III
    Did you finance the vehicle and include the service agreement? If yes, then refund will go to your finance company.

iPad ? HD

3. thetakara

thetakara Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2013 Prius c
    Model:
    Three
    I know that it will be refunded to the loan. I was just wondering how long the refund would take.

4. Technigogo

Technigogo Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    III
    Dealerships submit cancellations pretty quick, in my experience. Usually within a couple of days. Manufacturer service contract folks are slower (week or two) but cancel date is already set.

iPad ? HD

5. Bentg

Bentg Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    I've heard a few things here and there about this, but am still confused. Can someone point me in the direction of more information about why the dealer service agreement is a waste of money?

PriusGuy32 likes this.
  6. Easy Rider

Easy Rider Active Member

Vehicle:
    2013 Prius c
    Model:
    Three
    Might be talking about two different things here.

An "extended warranty" always has the odds in favor of the people selling the contracts.
    This is especially true for the current crop of new Toyota hybrids because of the LONG factory coverage on the parts that would be really expensive to fix. The odds might be a little more even if you plan to keep the car for a LONG time or a LOT of miles.

A "dealer service agreement" might be a somewhat different animal.
    Does that really amount to you "pre-paying" for routine maintenance in the future ??
    If so, I'd rather keep my money all those years instead of THEM keeping it.

7. JimN

JimN Let the games begin!

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    V
    Bentg, compare the cost of the prepaid maintenance contract to the dealer price of the covered services. Keep in mind that Toyota is paying for the 1st two years of service on the new car. Does the prepaid maintenance contract start after 2 years/25000 miles?

8. Fauxknight

Fauxknight Active Member

Vehicle:
    2013 Prius c
    Model:
    Three
    I agree, that sounds like a crazy high price, hope it covers a large number of years past the Toyota Care package. Consider that the 25k/2year Toyota Care that the vehicle already comes with really ends up only being a couple hundred dollars worth (2 oil changes, 5 tire rotations, and maybe wipers and an air filter). The C just doesn't get too much more expensive than that for maintenance in the long run, on the other hand the big maintenance numbers on my AWD Rogue could add up fast, fortunately they didn't come around too often.

My friend managed to cancel his prepaid on his Gen III when he realized it covered oil changes every 5k and was more expensive than just paying for normal maintenance.