1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Video: 2010 Prius in Blizzard Pearl at Geneva

Discussion in 'Gen 3 Prius Main Forum' started by Tideland Prius, Mar 12, 2009.

1. Tideland Prius

Tideland Prius Moderator of the North
    Staff Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A

2. Paradox

Paradox Prius Enthusiast / Moderator
    Staff Member

Vehicle:
    2014 Prius v wagon
    Model:
    Five
    DAMN, am I glad I changed from black to white once hearing a pearl white was available... It looks so sharp, mid May cannot come fast enough!

Great find and thanks for sharing the video. :)

Just no more showing a 1229 model with the solar option! Lol

3. HTMLSpinnr

HTMLSpinnr Super Moderator
    Staff Member

Vehicle:
    2018 Tesla Model 3
    Model:
    N/A
    I'm glad I swapped from Blue to White as well ;-) Different lighting angles bring out different tones in the pearl coat.

4. msirach

msirach Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    IV
    Sounds like I'm not the only Blizzard on order.

5. usbseawolf2000

usbseawolf2000 HSD PhD

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    That's a sweet ride. 17" rims with moon roof and solar panel.

6. Tideland Prius

Staff Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    Also note that the nav appears to have Bird's Eye View.

7. Paradox

Staff Member

Vehicle:
    2014 Prius v wagon
    Model:
    Five

nope, your not the only one... Looks like we made a great color choice :)

8. Lottamoxie

Lottamoxie Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    IV
    That pearl is pretty...I always think a white car is so difficult to keep clean (when I had a black car it was a nightmare). How do you think it would look with the beige interior? Looks like that one has the dark gray leather?

9. Paradox

Staff Member

Vehicle:
    2014 Prius v wagon
    Model:
    Five

It depends is you like beige interior cars... I for one do not. So that's not to say it wouldnt look good, but it is a matter of taste. For me, there is nothing better looking than a white or especially pearl white vehicle with a black leather interior, or in the case of the 2010 prius dark grey since they aren't offering black. Again, just my opinion, I am sure some will agree and many more will disagree.

10. Flying White Dutchman

Flying White Dutchman Senior Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    he
    what i notice now... where is the speedo...... the on top off dashboard display is now in the middle.. onlike the current prius where its more in front of you.

do you now have to look at your right to see the speed...

11. Tideland Prius

Staff Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    It's almost the same location. Maybe slightly to the right but not like the Yaris or the Gen I Prius

I don't think it's available with beige. I think it's only available with Dark Grey or Misty Grey.

12. Paradox

Staff Member

Vehicle:
    2014 Prius v wagon
    Model:
    Five

On the spec sheet for the priority program all 3 interior choices were available for Blizzard Pearl. Beige (bisque) was not available for the classic silver metallic, black and winter grey metallic.

On a side note - Dark Grey was not available in the Sandy Beach Metallic and Misty Grey was not available in the Barcelona Red Metallic, Blue Ribbon Metallic and Sandy Beach Metallic.

13. Tideland Prius

Staff Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    ohh? Hmm... black and beige would be nice.

14. Paradox

Staff Member

Vehicle:
    2014 Prius v wagon
    Model:
    Five

Yeah, that struck me as strange as well... I still wouldn't want beige with black (just can't like beige interiors, never have...) but MANY people do. I was shocked Toyota chose not to offer it.

I didn't want to post the color chart but I know it has been posted before so I'll post it. But keep in mind, maybe these choices will not be final and for those ordering at their dealer once all the final info is available, choices may be different...

[​IMG]

15. Lottamoxie

Lottamoxie Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    IV
    Oh Misty Grey would be nice. I don't really want Dark Grey. Okay so I'll be deciding between the Silver exterior (w/Misty Grey) and the Blizzard Pearl (with either the Misty Grey or the Bisque). LOTS of time to decide and hopefully I'll get to see all the combos in person at some point over the next year. (I'm not buying until 2010).

16. Paradox

Staff Member

Vehicle:
    2014 Prius v wagon
    Model:
    Five

Definitely go see the misty grey in person, it is extremely light in color, almost bordering white... If you clean your car and interior it will not be bad but if you don't spend much time cleaning your car, especially in this case the leather, the misty will definitely change colors lol. The nice thing with it though is the two tone interior you get. The center console top is darker in color as well as door accents with misty grey. Unfortunately, and for no reason, they made the dark grey all dark grey with no accenting... Poor decision IMO especially since black accents are already in use overseas for Europe... They could have just used those in the US as well.

Please also keep in mind that the interior colors, in my opinion, are much lighter than what you see in the swatch in the color chart I posted above. Here are pics of the dark grey and misty grey which I feel are more representative...

Misty Grey:
    [​IMG]

Dark Grey:
    [​IMG]

17. Lottamoxie

Lottamoxie Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    IV
    Thanks for the heads-up. I have a beige interior now (w/dark dash) in my dark green Saab and I happen to LOVE a beige interior. So that is still a consideration. I don't spend much time (at all) cleaning my car AND I don't have a garage so the car will sit outside. That's one reason I don't know if Blizzard Pearl is a good choice for me, given the conditions it will be placed in. I know if I purchase the Prius white I will have to do weekly car washes to keep it looking good. Silver wouldn't show as much dirt as quickly.

18. Paradox

Staff Member

Vehicle:
    2014 Prius v wagon
    Model:
    Five

To me, white doesn't look as nearly as bad as a dirty black car... Not even close. I have a black car now and nothing shines or has the depth of a black car, but you have to maintain it constantly... I wash every weekend and protect once a month with Zaino. And silver, well it never looks dirty but never looks clean to me, it's just silver... Blah. Lol

19. Tideland Prius

Staff Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    Indeed. White is definitely a show car colour. It doesn't show dirt as easily as darker colours (it's close to silver in terms of hiding dirt) but on the other hand, when you clean it, you can see if you've missed a spot because of the difference in the white colour between clean and covered in dirt. Hope that made sense lol.

20. wchardin

wchardin Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    Model:
    ----USA----
    I haven't been looking much more at the 2010 Prius ever since I found out that you cant get the sunroof and the 17 inch wheels, but this one in the video has both those. Does this mean that you can get the 17 inch wheels with sunroof?