1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Video input on a PIP?

Discussion in 'Gen 3 Prius Audio and Electronics' started by Jimbo69ny, Aug 15, 2012.

1. Jimbo69ny

Jimbo69ny Active Member

Vehicle:
    Other Electric Vehicle
    Model:
    N/A
    Have any of you guys messed around with the audio/video on a plug in Prius yet?

I bought one a few weeks ago and Id like the option to play video from my phone or other portable devices.

I see that Prestigious Society sells a nav/video adaptor for $310 but thats a lot of cash and it doesnt give you a video input. It only gives you the ability to play DVD's by sliding them into the radio. I dont even own DVD's anymore. haha The couple that I do have are bluray and I doubt it is an indash bluray player.

2. Jimbo69ny

Jimbo69ny Active Member

Vehicle:
    Other Electric Vehicle
    Model:
    N/A
    The only thing that sucks about having a brand new car is that you have to wait for aftermarket companies to catch up or you have to do the mods yourself.

3. Jimbo69ny

Jimbo69ny Active Member

Vehicle:
    Other Electric Vehicle
    Model:
    N/A
    After doing more research I discovered a company called Beat Sonic. They offer a nav bypass and video unit that does the same thing as Presigous Society however its about $90 less.

They told me in an email that they will be releasing a unit called the AVC39 in a couple weeks. It can be connected to the oem headunit to give us an audio/video input!!! I asked them to email me when it is available. I will be installing both units.

4. MikeyF

MikeyF New Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    Cool let us know when it comes in.