1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Water leak below windshield?

Discussion in 'Toyota Prius Service Bulletins - TSBs' started by Glenn, Jun 14, 2007.

1. Glenn

Glenn Junior Member

After any significant rain I can hear water sloshing around behind dashboard when turning corners, etc in my 2006 Prius. By the time I get over to Toyota the sound naturally has stopped and they shrug me off. The sound is NOT SLIGHT and cannot be missed. It seems that a blockage exists wherein water accumulates below the windshield rather than draining off and after bugging me for a while disappears.

Has anyone experienced this problem? Some resolution?

Thanks

2. dogfriend

dogfriend Human - Animal Hybrid

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    check this link:

http://techno-fandom.org/~hobbit/cars/heatgames/

The page includes a step by step guide to removing the plastic cowl piece under the wipers. If you read down several paragraphs, you will find this:

1 person likes this.
  3. okiebutnotfrommuskogee

okiebutnotfrommuskogee Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2011 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    Look at the black plastic below the windshield wipers and on the pasanger's side you wil find a removable section. It says something like body serial number on it. Remove it and look down in there. You will se that the drain slot is probably stopped up. Take a piece or wire or some other small object and open it up. That will probably take care of it. Then replace the little plastic cover.

4. Glenn

Glenn Junior Member

Thanks, I will give it a try (and probably break something). The car is parked outside all the time and there are trees which drop stuff all over the place. Your advice makes mucho sense.