1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Weak Radio reception in the rain?

Discussion in 'Prius v Audio and Electronics' started by Capecodbeachfront, Feb 21, 2014.

1. Capecodbeachfront

Capecodbeachfront Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2013 Prius v wagon
    Model:
    Two
    Up until now I have been quite satisfied with the basic radio in my 2013 Prius v Two. Actually figured out the USB port as well as the Random files and folders settings. BUT....
    Today we have had an all day winter rain. I immediately noticed 2 things. First the roof has almost no sound insulation! Rain on the roof was LOUD! Then I discovered some of the radio stations I had been listening to for over a week were now nearly lost. Reception was probably a tenth of what it was in dry weather. Should I blame the weather? Could there be a problem with water interfering with the external antenna? Even stations that were very close and should have had a strong signal would at times have interference. Is this common with Prius v's? Is there an antenna upgrade?
    One other question... When I am in Trip display.... showing the MPG bars what are the tiny symbols that sometimes appear at the bottom of the bars? Appears to be symbols for Regen braking. How should I interpret them? Good thing? Bad thing? thanks.

2. jdenenberg

jdenenberg EE Professor

Vehicle:
    2020 Prius
    Model:
    LE AWD-e
    Common in all Prii. I could not use the radio today in my 2004 except on the local town station. Not great listening.

JeffD