1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Weak rear ac

Discussion in 'Prius v Care, Maintenance and Troubleshooting' started by danbob, Mar 22, 2012.

1. danbob

danbob Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius v wagon
    Model:
    II
    We are in love with our v, but my wife and I both noticed the ac is weak in the back of the car...are we doing something wrong? I know the ac and climate control are a bit different from non hybrids, but there is a trickle of air co,ing from the rear floor vents even when they are on high ...what do you all think?

2. Keiichi

Keiichi Active Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius v wagon
    Model:
    Five
    A reviewer mentioned that there was not very great rear AC/venting in the Prius v. It was one of the reviewer's criticisms on the v.

3. dialing_wand

dialing_wand Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius v wagon
    Model:
    N/A
    I believe the vents in question are the battery vents for heat, not for the climate control system.

I remember seeing a warning in the manual not to block them.

4. jdcollins5

jdcollins5 Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    III
    Yes, I have had passengers in the rear complain about lack of AC when we felt fine in the front. I had to turn AC setting down and aim the front vents more toward the rear in order for the passengers to get cool. My front vents are normally aimed toward the front passengers since it is mostly my wife and I in the car.

5. Chazz8

Chazz8 Gadget Lover

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius v wagon
    Model:
    Five
    There are 3 AC vents front and center in the Prius v (wagon). I get good results when I direct the middle center front vent straight back for the back seat passengers. That still leaves two center vents and two side vents for the front people that also can be directed aft if the situation call for it.

lonelymango likes this.