1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

What are the ages of v buyers here?

Discussion in 'Prius v Main Forum' started by Rhizzlebop, Nov 20, 2011.

1. chrisc983

chrisc983 New Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius v wagon
    Model:
    V
    28 and 29 here. Two kids. One car seat and one booster seat.

2. Rhizzlebop

Rhizzlebop Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    Well, its nice to see there are some younger folks here picking up this car.

Some of you inadvertently answered this, butt for those trthat just listed age, is this primarily the wifes/woman car or the husbands/man car?

3. Aviator_Guy

Aviator_Guy Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2021 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Plug-in Advanced
    The extra space is amazing, but you will take a hit on the mileage. We have seven grandkids who love coming to los angeles during the summer and the extra room is a big plus for us. :cool:

4. Aviator_Guy

Aviator_Guy Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2021 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Plug-in Advanced
    We traded in our 2008 for the 2012 Prius V wagon and noticed you also owned a 2008 Prius. The seats improvements from the 2008 to the 2012 are very noticeable and my wife said she has a lot more leg room on the right side. We like the 2012 Prius V. :)

5. Klob

Klob New Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius v wagon
    Model:
    Three
    Rhizzlebopy, In the beginning the only issues I had was when I was taking my car to the dealer for repairs (always seemed to have another issue after driving away). After I stopped taking it to them, I didn't have any issues until 105,000 then my transmission went, which I replaced, then again at 120,000 miles it went again. Had it replaced for the second time and it still didn't feel right. Luckly the person who replaced the transmission at 105,000 replaced it the second time free of charge, but not sure if he would do it a third time. I did tow a trailer a few times (2,800 lbs), but not enough that it should have caused the issue. If I didn't have the transmission issues, I would still be driving it :), I loved that vehicle and it was paid for. But the gas savings is nice. Currently I am averaging at least 44 mpg on the prius v and I find the room just as good, but of course you cannot tow or off road with the prius :D. So it all depends on what you needs.

6. Klob

Klob New Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius v wagon
    Model:
    Three
    Rhizzlebopy, In the beginning the only issues I had was when I was taking my car to the dealer for repairs (always seemed to have another issue after driving away). After I stopped taking it to them, I didn't have any issues until 105,000 then my transmission went, which I replaced, then again at 120,000 miles it went again. Had it replaced for the second time and it still didn't feel right. Luckly the person who replaced the transmission at 105,000 replaced it the second time free of charge, but not sure if he would do it a third time. I did tow a trailer a few times (2,800 lbs), but not enough that it should have caused the issue. If I didn't have the transmission issues, I would still be driving it :), I loved that vehicle and it was paid for. But the gas savings is nice. Currently I am averaging at least 44 mpg on the prius v and I find the room just as good, but of course you cannot tow or off road with the prius :D. So it all depends on what you needs.

7. pdp

pdp New Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius v wagon
    Model:
    Three
    It's my wife's car, mainly because it was her old car that it replaced. I don't mind driving it at all, especially since there are I few in the road right now, makes me feel unique! Not sure if I'd buy it for myself though, unless I got to keep my current car or got another weekend car to drive. I don't think I could live with the sluggishness 24/7

8. Peamo

Peamo New Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius v wagon
    Model:
    Five
    I am 61 and my spouse is 56. I wanted a vehicle with a large cargo capacity. It came down to a 2012 Subaru Outback or the the v. I went for the v due to the better gas mileage.

9. mi2k

mi2k Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius v wagon
    Model:
    Five
    47 & 43 + 2 kids + 1 dog. Replacing a Sienna!

10. Quentin

Quentin Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    We don't yet have a v. I turn 29 this week, my wife is 30, and we're hoping to start a family very soon. The v seems like the perfect vehicle for a new family.

11. The_ODs

The_ODs Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius v wagon
    Model:
    Five
    I'm 32, she's 30, and we have a 10 year old. It's her daily driver and our family driver for weekends. I've got to be honest I LOVE the car. It's our first Prius. In fact, I like it so much I've decided that I'm going to get the Prius c when it comes out. I commute 70 miles round trip a day in an FJ Cruiser. I'm gonna keep the Cruiser for camping, off roading, etc and use the c as a commuter only.

12. Quentin

Quentin Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    Haha, very similar to my wife and me. I have a '10 4Runner instead of an FJ, though. :D I'll probably commute in my wife's MINI when she gets the v instead of buying a c for myself. The MINI is just too plucky to let go.

13. hibou

hibou New Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius v wagon
    Model:
    Five
    I'm 32 and my partner is 43. No baby makes three yet but we have an adoption in the works. We are loving our v!!

14. 360texas

360texas Member

Vehicle:
    2017 Prius
    Model:
    Four
    My wife and I traded our 2 2009 Prius in for 1 Prius v5. Both of us are 68.

Our '09 held their value too. Total price for the Prius v5 was $5.89. Yes, $5 dollars and eighty nine cents.

I personally like the positive steering and improved front end handling. I also like the turning radius.

15. fulltank

fulltank New Member

Vehicle:
    2011 Prius
    Model:
    Four
    Understand the v will capture owners from across all ages and genders but do you think the majority will be that from the 'soccer mom' demographic?

16. blueprint

blueprint New Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius v wagon
    Model:
    Three
    im 27 and my wife is 32. we have an 8 week old so i traded in my Lancer Evolution and purchased the Prius V.... quite the change but the car is very practical and we just love it.

2012 Prius V III

17. runnermom

runnermom Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius v wagon
    Model:
    III
    We are both 49 years old with 2 sons - 15 and 12. We bought our Pruis V III today and so far it has been wonderful. We got it for a great price, super interest rate, and seeing our gas mileage go up is fantastic!:)

18. priihouston

priihouston New Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius v wagon
    Model:
    Five
    husband and i both late thirties...we got the v because we have 3 small children....fits 3 carseats across (2 sunshine radians and an infant seat) beautifully. tons of room, great for situating kids in the car because of all the head and leg room...helps when we have to wrestle them in as we can get a little further in, especially w the baby in the middle now.

we traded in a 97 nissan maxima (it was pretty rickety but we held out and have been waiting for these to come out) and are planning to trade in our 2006 prius for another one soon. for a family of 5, hard to beat this car. never wanted a 3rd row because wouldn't want a kid so far out of arms reach, so this one is perfect. we love it. (still making friends with entune, though).

19. zenMachine

zenMachine Just another Onionhead

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Freaking awesome!

20. Chazz8

Chazz8 Gadget Lover

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius v wagon
    Model:
    Five
    I'm 45 and my wife is 49. We have two toddlers at home ages 7 and 85, a son who is off to college, a big Golden, and a bigger Great Pyrenees. My wife got one of the last 2008 Prius pkg 5, as the ’09 were just coming out. She (we) loved it of course. I like to hold on to a new car for 10 years, and then get a new one. I was having trouble finding a better vehicle (for me), than my 2000 Lexus RX 300 when the Prius v came to my attention. I learned a lot about the new Prius here on Prius Chat. I used TrueCar.com to get a quote $400 over invoice, but in the end it made more sense to settled with the local dealer (with poker buddy Toyota salesperson who initially said no deals under MSRP) on $500 over invoice for “my” Prius v5 w/ ATP in Clear Sky, which they had on the docks (somewhere) after they choose it to complete a dealer trade. I put my Lexus on Craigslist and verbally agreed to sell it to the first couple that came to see it 12 hours later. Now it’s all coming together, and I expect to get a certified check for my old Lexus AND be driving my new Clear Sky Prius v on Monday. I will make sure to post pictures.