1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

What color is cargo area mat in dark gray interior?

Discussion in 'Gen 3 Prius Main Forum' started by stream, May 29, 2009.

1. stream

stream Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    V
    I saw a Prius V at a dealer yesterday with dark gray interior. The 4 seat mats were dark gray, but the cargo area mat was light beige (the same color as the carpeted cargo area). The mats were still in bags--the floor mats said dark gray, but the cargo mat said light gray.

For those with dark gray interiors--is the cargo mat dark gray (same color as seat mats)? I hope it was just a mistake on the car I saw, since that color cargo mat will look dirty very quickly.

2. AirKuhl

AirKuhl New Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    IV
    Nope, still kinda beige. However, if you flip it over it's dark gray and rubberized, so it looks better and is more useful. :)

3. DeanFL

DeanFL 2010 owner - 1st Prius

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    V

Saw the only demo at my dealer here today. Dark gray interior - and yes the rear cargo carpet mat is light beige. Honestly not impressed with the quality of any of the 5 mats. For $200 ($229 in my Region here) - quality does not come close to matching the asking price. Look like they belong on a Hyundai Accent....

4. ggood

ggood Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Advanced
    +1 - Don't really care, but yeah, 1st impression is floor mats are kind of ratty looking. The black color makes sense for hiding dirt, but is kind of unusual and draws your eye the first time you see it.

5. a priori

a priori Canonus Curiosus

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    V
    Perhaps I can now make some sense out of what I found in my Prius V.

The floor mats are a dark color, rather like charcoal. The cargo mat is a beige color -- actually, it is just like the rest of my interior: Bisque.

I heard the floor mats were not going to be color coded this year, and that all cars were going to get the same color. I didn't think this also applied to the cargo mat.

Does anyone else have a different combination? Who has the Misty Grey?

6. Boo

Boo Boola Boola Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    Makes sense to me that the cargo area carpet mat be the same color as the carpeted back of the rear seats.

7. stream

stream Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    V
    First, I don't think the cargo area carpet in a dark gray interior car should be light beige (but for some strange reason it is), it should be the same color as the rest of the interior carpet.

If that's not changeable, at least the mat should be dark gray, like the other 4 mats.

8. Paradox

Paradox Prius Enthusiast / Moderator
    Staff Member

Vehicle:
    2014 Prius v wagon
    Model:
    Five
    I am getting the all weather 5 piece mats with my dark grey Prius V probably (hopefully) next week so I'll post here what color I get with the all weather. Honestly, if I get beige I will be contacting Toyota with the hopes that they correct this issue. That's just nuts in either case, carpeted or all weather, to have a beige mat in a car where the interior is all dark grey.

I still can't beleive they wouldn't just stick with grey for grey interiors and beige for beige interiors...:confused:

9. Tideland Prius

Tideland Prius Moderator of the North
    Staff Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    Cause black matches all interior colours and is cheaper to make one set colour of mats.

Our beige cargo mat is holding up well. It has a few spots of rust (stupid spade...) and even had hand soap spilled over it (the cap came loose and a good chunk spilled over it).