1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

What color is Summer Rain?

Discussion in 'Prius c Main Forum' started by Fiddlesticks, Nov 20, 2012.

1. Fiddlesticks

Fiddlesticks Junior Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    Is it more light blue? Aqua? Turquoise?

Help.

Is it the color shown on the concept picture?

2. cornflakes

cornflakes Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius c
    Model:
    Three
    I have summer rain.

I tell people it's "baby blue" but that's not entirely accurate. The really neat thing is the color is different in different light situations.

In the bright sun, it's a nice rich light blue color. Not as pale as cyan but a little deeper than that.

In a parking structure with fluorescent lights, it's more of a powdery blue.

At dusk, it's beautiful, it's a much deeper blue, and you might even see a touch of green in it.

It's very funny because its been half a year since I have the car, and I still say "hey look at that, that's a nice shade my color changed to!"

I will warn you, this color will turn heads and you stick out like a sore thumb. People recognize your car immediately. If you don't like people coming up to you to tell you "nice color", or you wanna blend in, this is not for you. But it is a very cool color, very unique, and definitely out of the ordinary I highly suggest you see it for yourself because photos don't show the true color very well.

minkus, Hila, Annie755 and 1 other person like this.
  3. Ashley7

Ashley7 Active Member

Vehicle:
    2019 Prius
    Model:
    XLE
    Don't let anyone (or any picture) fool you into thinking it's a green or turquoise color. It's a blue color. As the poster above stated, it does, once in a while, get a very slight green tint. Honestly, it's very rare that I ever notice that (YMMV?). I think it's a lovely light blue color, and I have gotten my share of comments on it--all positive :) (Couple pictures in my avatar and signature, and there are tons more all over these forums)

Only downside to having such a unique car is if you piss someone off in it, they'll recognize you later :p

WE0H likes this.
  4. Tomster

Tomster New Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    I have never seen one in person but it looks like what I would call aqua marine. It looks like the clear blue water in pictures I have seen of Caribbean islands. Am I close or way off base on that?

Tom

5. Emily Allerton

Emily Allerton Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius c
    Model:
    Two
    I have seen two Summer Rains on the road in the last month and it is a gorgeous color. Blue for sure, I loved it.

6. ChinchillaGirl

ChinchillaGirl OrcaCar

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius c
    Model:
    Four
    I have had small children come up and tell me that the Summer Rain is "their most favorite color in the whole world" and that this was the car they want when they are old enough to drive!

minkus, Strafgod and Emily Allerton like this.
  7. Rob.au

Rob.au Active Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius c
    Model:
    i-Tech
    In Australia, Summer Rain Metallic is sold as Aqua.

8. Archaeo

Archaeo New Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius c
    Model:
    Four
    This is my summer rain, a light silvery blue-turquoise color.

9. Fiddlesticks

Fiddlesticks Junior Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    Found one in a 2 that is relatively close to go see the color. May take a field trip later today. Thanks!

10. prioki

prioki Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius c
    Model:
    Four
    Once I saw the summer rain, no other color would do for me!

Strafgod likes this.
  11. Strafgod

Strafgod Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    Me too! I got a 3 and I love it.

12. Lionsfan

Lionsfan Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2015 Prius c
    Model:
    Two
    For the most part it is the perfect shade of the famous blue Tiffany box from the department store.
    In fact, some of my coworkers have nicknamed my car "Tiffany."

You will definitely get noticed in this car and yes it sticks out immediately. I have only seen two others in Michigan in the last four months. I get ribbed on a lot by my guy co-workers and my kids friends. Questioning my "Manhood" etc... Whatever. It bothered me a first but I'm more secure in myself and don't need a car to prove my "Manhood" whatever that is.

The ladies all love the color! I like to think of it as a reflection of my personality that is unique and stands out and certainly does not want to blend in with everyone else.

Others are correct you will witness many shades depending on the weather and the sun.

minkus likes this.
  13. ewaboy

ewaboy Active Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius c
    Model:
    Two
    Pictures of my car taken a couple hours apart - same camera, sun hitting at different angle:
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

14. ewaboy

ewaboy Active Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius c
    Model:
    Two
    +1 - Halloween night one of the neighborhood "Trick or Treat" kids said: "Hey mister - nice your car! I going buy one like that when I grow up!":) :)

15. iheartnewwave

iheartnewwave Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2013 Prius c
    Model:
    Two
    I bought a summer rain Two a couple weeks ago. My local dealer that I first checked with acted like they would never get that color in unless someone specifically requested it and put down a deposit because it wouldn't sell well. How on Earth they figured that is beyond me. I went out of town and bought one that another dealer already had in stock, and people working there commented that it was their favorite color. I've also had quite a number of compliments from everyone I know who has seen my car that the color is gorgeous. I could really care less whether others like it or not as long as I love it, but I thought it was odd that a dealer would think it wouldn't sell well. The only one they currently have in stock here now is a white one. Maybe they are right...maybe people like to be vanilla and not stand out...I'm sure I wouldn't have gained as many compliments and head turns as I have had I bought the white one.

16. ewaboy

ewaboy Active Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius c
    Model:
    Two
    Congrats on you SR C. Can't figure it either - 1st dealer was probably trying for a quick sale. Dealership here can't keep the color in stock - I had to order mine - and I went the morning of the first day they sold Cs here in Hawaii.

17. thedarave

thedarave Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2013 Prius c
    Model:
    Two
    Its not green. Not even close. Its Men's Room blue in a metallic.

18. ewaboy

ewaboy Active Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius c
    Model:
    Two
    It all depends on the light - bluish most of the time but under certain light or at different times of the day it looks more aqua or even green. Hence "Aoi Semi" - Aoi in Japanese refers to both bluish and greenish colors. "Midori" is used specifically for green. And in Japan the Prius C is "Aqua".

See my pictures above.

YMMV

ChinchillaGirl likes this.
  19. ChinchillaGirl

ChinchillaGirl OrcaCar

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius c
    Model:
    Four
    Wouldn't know about the colors in a men's room, but today at 3pm on a perfect summer's day, my C was the exact color of the sky!

iheartnewwave likes this.