1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

What's the best plug-n-play & brightest aftermarket headlights for the Prius C?

Discussion in 'Prius c Accessories and Modifications' started by Priusfanomg1234, Jul 30, 2015.

1. Priusfanomg1234

Priusfanomg1234 New Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius c
    Model:
    Five
    just what the title says, I need the best headlights for a Prius c that don't require a crapload of wiring and don't requiring aiming the bulbs and are legal, thanks in advance.

2. kingnba6

kingnba6 Active Member

Vehicle:
    2013 Prius c
    Model:
    One
    Basically you won't find anything like this.

Most aftermarket headlights wont even be legal.
    They will always need aiming.
    To get "bright", you will need LED or HID, both of which require at least one extra connection.
    You will be looking to pay around 200 a side for the headlights. And even with 200, you wont get bright, legal or aimed correctly.

Your best bet is to just pay an audio shop for HIDs and tell them to aim it.

3. xliderider

xliderider Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2011 Prius
    Model:
    Three
    Take a look at the H11 to H9 link in my signature below. There is a video (or link) at the end of the thread by Mediahound which details what simple mods need to be done to the H9 bulbs to get them to fit in the headlight housing and H11 connector.

Once you modify the H9 bulbs, they will plug right in. You will get approximately 50% more light with this mod. I've been driving around with this mod for over 18 months on both vehicles.

No extra wiring, no ballasts to fail, and quality Osram or Philips bulbs cost about $20 a pair. Get name brand bulbs with clear capsules, don't get bulbs with blue capsules.

Motov8r likes this.
  4. Priusfanomg1234

Priusfanomg1234 New Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius c
    Model:
    Five
    Well this sounds promising, I'll take a look, thanks man.

5. Motov8r

Motov8r Member

Vehicle:
    2013 Prius c
    Model:
    Two
    x2 on the h9. I modified the plug not the bulb. Users choice.

iPhone ?